Looking for a protein and veggie packed quick and easy weeknight meal that the entire family will love? Look no further! This Creamy Chicken and Veggie Casserole is not only easy but so tasty. It’s macro friendly and can be altered to fit any goals.
This casserole has 4 different vegetables and is bursting with creamy flavor.
By making your noodles or rice on the side you can control your servings and options. You can also put chicken cutlets on top to cook vs. directly mixed in for a more accurate protein count.
For low carb options: use zoodles or cauliflower rice for your base.
For higher carb options: use your favorite noodles (we love this with egg noodles) or rice.
Serves 6 (281 grams) with a whopping 30 grams of protein and 4 different types of vegetables.
“ohsnapmacros Creamy Chicken and Veggie Casserole”
Creamy Chicken and Veggie Casserole
- 1.5 lbs. raw chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped 160g
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips 200g
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into slices 130g
- 1 package of frozen spinach, defrosted (10 oz. package) and water drained
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms 160g
- 1 can 98% fat free condensed cream of mushroom soup 10.5oz can
- 1 cup non fat sour cream 250g
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper
- Pre heat the oven to 375. Slice and chop your veggies. Add the frozen spinach to a bowl of hot water (keep in the packaging) to let thaw while you cook your veggies.
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and add butter to melt. Once the butter has melted add garlic, peppers, onions and mushrooms to the pan and cook. Allow to cook until the onions are translucent and peppers begin to soften. Approx. 5-10 minutes. Add thawed and drained spinach. To drain the water from the spinach just simply squeeze it out of the bag. Be careful though the bag can pop and a disaster follows. Mix the spinach in with the vegetables.
- While the vegetables cook, cut your chicken into bite sized pieces. Alternatively, for tracking purposes, you can cut your chicken into 4 oz. cutlets and place on top at the end to cook vs. mixed in with the vegetables.
- When the vegetables are done, add cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, paprika, salt and pepper. I have left salt and pepper to your discretion, you can always add to the meal if needed.
- Once the mixture is well mixed, add your raw chicken and mix well to combine.
- Spray and baking dish with non stick spray and add the mixture to the dish. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.If you place the chicken on top vs. mixed it be sure to cook until the chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve alone, over noodles, zoodles, rice or cauliflower rice.Enjoy and let me know how you like it!