This recipes makes approx. 8 servings which means if it’s just you you’ll have burgers, salads and wraps prepped for the week!
You won't believe how flavorful this Fajita Burger is.
‘I don’t like spicy .. what do I do?”
- use the full can of chipotles in adobo but toss the peppers aside
- use 1/2 or 1/4 can
- top your burger with less pepper mixture and add mayo and guacamole to help mute the spice
- Wrap in lettuce
- Serve as a burger/taco salad
- Lettuce buns
- Fold in a pita
- Wrap as a crunchwrap
Nutrition facts include:
- 1 frozen 91% lean 9% fat all beef patty – linked!
- 1 bun (200 calories)
- 1 slice of white cheddar
- 75 grams peppers mixture
- (add in your own guacamole if used)
Pair Fajita Burgers with your favorite fries or make it a full on Taco Tuesday and add some chips, salsa and a skinny margarita.
“ohsnapmacros Fajita Burgers”
I am a burger loving girl, they might actually be my favorite food to be honest, and these Fajita Burgers do not disappoint. They’re packed with flavors for a pure flavor explosion. If you like spicy, you’re going to love these. They are the perfect combination of fajitas and burgers in every bite. If you do not like spicy don’t worry I have some other options for you further down. This recipes makes approx. 8 servings which means if it’s just you you’ll have burgers, salads and wraps prepped for the week!
- 8 Ground Beef Burger Patties (91% lean)
- 8 Burger Buns (200cals each)
- 8 slices of white cheddar cheese
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped (150g)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped (150g)
- 1/2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 7 oz can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- lettuce (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- Slice pepper and onions into thin slices. Heat a sauté pan over medium low and spray with cooking spray. Add onions and peppers and cook until softened. Approx. 10 minutes.
- While the peppers and onions cook open the chipotles and chop large pepper into small pieces. Add sauce and peppers to onions and bell peppers and sauté. Add 1/4 cup water and put on simmer to cook.Important note: 1 full 7 oz. can is SPICY. If you cannot handle spice, use 1/2 to 1/4 can of peppers.
- Cook burger patties to your desired temp. I use pre-formed frozen 91% all beef patties from our local grocery store. You can make your own patties or use any frozen patty. Nutrition facts will be for 91% lean 9% fat patties (190cals).Top with cheese and melt.
- Assemble your burgers. Bun, lettuce, burger, 75g peppers, avocado, bun.Enjoy!
Calories: 496kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 35gFat: 19g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!