This Fried Spaghetti is pure comfort food with its crispy yet tender noodles, flavorful beef sauce and melty cheese on top. It is a fun twist on your typical spaghetti while still having all the flavors you know and love.
Why you'll love this recipe
- A fun twist on regular spaghetti for a fun change the entire family will love.
- This fried spaghetti is ready in under 30 minutes.
- You won’t be disappointed with the serving size.
- Pairs great with a side salad or garlic bread.
What is fried spaghetti?
Fried spaghetti is a play on your typical sauce and boiled noodles. It combines a flavorful beef sauce with protein packed noodles and finished off in the oven to give you a melty mozzarella topping.
Can you use other meats beside beef?
Definitely! Use ground turkey, chicken or even rotisserie chicken for this fried spaghetti. Follow the instructions the same for any raw meat you use. If using rotisserie or shredded chicken just add to the sauce and bring to a simmer to warm through.
Do I need a cast iron to make this?
I am using a 12 inch cast iron. This fried spaghetti does go into the oven to bake so you will need to use a oven safe pan or transfer to a baking dish to finish it off. The cast iron makes it easy to go from stove to oven to table.
How to make this gluten and dairy free
This fried spaghetti uses ricotta and mozzarella cheese. To make this dairy free you will need to omit or substitute with your favorite dairy free options. I am using Banza Chickpea Spaghetti Pasta Noodles to add protein to this dish which are also gluten free.
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See recipe card below for full ingredients list and instructions for Fried Spaghetti.
Ground Beef: this recipe uses lean 96/4 ground beef. You can use any peercent beef or substitue with ground chicken or turkey. Alternatively, you can use shredded chicken or rotisserie chicken.
Pasta Sauce: I am using one full 24 oz. jar of Rao’s Tomato Basil pasta sauce. You can substitute with your favorite. I always choose Rao’s for their ingredients list which is all natural and sugar free.
Ricotta Cheese: you’ll need 1/4 cup of part skim ricotta cheese to add to the beef sauce. This adds a level of creaminess.
Mozzarella Cheese: on top of the spaghetti before baking you will add 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. You can substitute with full fat, fresh shredded, half parmesan half mozzarella or all parmesan.
Toppings: top your spaghetti with fresh chopped parsley and parmesean cheese.
How to make this spaghetti:
What to serve with this recipe?
This fried spaghetti is great as a standalone meal. You could also serve with a side salad, roasted vegetables or garlic bread.
What is a serving size for this spaghetti?
Nutrition facts are a estimate. As always, for the most accurate measurement per serving weigh your final dish (minus the pan!) and divide by the serving amount.
Serving size is approximately 295 grams.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy recipes!
~ 295 grams
“ohsnapmacros – Fried Spaghetti”
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef 96/4
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 24 oz. Rao's Homemade Tomato Basil Sauce
- 1/4 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 8 oz. Banza Chickpea Spaghetti Noodles full box
- 1 cup low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese shredded (112g)
- fresh chopped parsley
- parmesan cheese
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- In a cast iron or oven safe pan, heat the olive oil over medium. Add garlic and onions and cook for a few minutes. Add the ground beef and break into small pieces and cook through until no longer pink.
- Add the jar of sauce, seasonings, and chopped parsley to the meat sauce. Mix together well to combine.
- Add the ricotta cheese to the meat sauce and stir to combine and melt.
- After the noodles have cooked, drain them and add to the beef sauce. Using a fork mix the noodles into the sauce to even cover the pan. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Transfer the dish to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has fully melted and the tops of the noodles begin to brown.