“ohsnapmacros High Protein Beef and Lentil Stew”
High Protein Beef and Lentil Stew
Cold nights are here to stay in Alaska and there is no better way to warm up than with meals straight out of the crockpot. This stew is a perfect set it and forget it meal for a busy weeknight or weekend. It’s loaded with protein, 38g per serving, and flavor and makes the house smell amazing!
- 2 lbs stew meat (bottom round roast or chuck roast), trimmed
- 1 cup uncooked lentils
- 300 g chopped carrots
- 120 g chopped yellow onion
- 400 g quartered baby golden potatoes
- 178 g frozen peas
- 14 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 25 fl oz beef broth
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Trim beef by removing large areas of fat. Cut into 1 inch bite size pieces. Chop carrots, onions and potatoes.Add all ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours. Enjoy!
Serving: 416gCalories: 399kcalCarbohydrates: 30.6gProtein: 38.5gFat: 13.9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
I cannot believe there are not more reviews on this. This is AMAZING. First off, the colors in the slow cooker, alone, were beautiful. This was completely satisfying, perfect Autumn or Winter stew and super hearty! This is a keeper.
Love this!! Thank you!
This is now my go-to that I start on Sunday and Wednesday nights. They fit in Thermos containers in my lunchbox.
Easy to make, delicious and great for meal prep!
Such a delicious meal that reheats so well! And so filling!
This recipe is so delicious! Do we know the fiber content of this recipe?