If you’re a fried rice lover, you’re going to love this version. It has the perfect amount of sweet and heat that everyone can enjoy it. It’s not only easy but very flexible, you can use any combination of vegetables that you like and serve with your favorite protein like shrimp, salmon, chicken or steak.
Why you'll love this recipe
- This mango fried rice is ready in under 30 minutes.
- Both kids and adults will love this recipe.
- No one will know it’s loaded with cauliflower .. pinky promise (cauli hating husband tested).
- This recipe uses minimal ingredients and pantry staples.
- Perfect for meal prep and reheats great.
- A way healthier version than your typical fried rice!
Do you need to use fresh mangoes?
While fresh mangoes are best you can absolutely use frozen, just be sure to defrost prior to using them. You could also make pineapple fried rice by simply substituting the mango for pineapple in this mango fried rice recipe.
How to make this lower carb?
This mango fried rice uses jasmine rice and rice cauliflower. To lower the carbs even more substitute one bag of rice for additional cauliflower or use all cauliflower and omit the rice. If the flavor of the cauliflower is overpowering just add in extra coconut aminos and chili sauce to mask it.
Do you have to use microwave rice?
Definitely not. I am using microwave rice to make this recipe extremely quick and easy for busy nights. It makes getting dinner on the table so much easier than waiting for water to boil and rice to cook. If you have the time you can cook rice prior to using it in this recipe.
Some of my favorite recipes to pair with this rice:
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See recipe card below for full ingredients list and instructions for Mango Fried Rice.
Jasmine Rice: to keep this recipe extremely quick and easy I am using store bought bagged microwave rice. This recipe uses two packs, this is the one I like linked here. You can use microwave rice or boil and cook your rice prior to using it.
Riced Cauliflower: again, with the quick and easy theme I am using pre riced frozen cauliflower. Alternatively, you can rice your own cauliflower.
Frozen Vegetables: I am using a combination of corn, green beans, lima beans, carrots and peas, linked here. You can use your favorite combination of veggies, fresh or frozen.
Coconut Aminos: I always, always use coconut aminos. I prefer the taste to soy sauce. It has almost 200 mg less of sodium per serving compared to soy sauce. As someone who bloats easy, this makes a difference for me. It has a sweeter flavor than soy sauce as well and is gluten free. I buy the bulk size from Costco. You can use soy sauce or tamari if preferred.
Chili Garlic Sauce: this recipe uses chili garlic sauce. While my family doesn’t find this to be too spice you should adjust to fit your spice tolerance. 1/2 tbsp. is considered mild to medium. Go up or down from there. You can also omit completely.
Mango: for this mango fried rice we cannot forget the star of the show, one ripe chopped mango. For tips on how to cut mangoes, check out this video.
How to make Mango Fried Rice:
Prep your rice, riced cauliflower and frozen vegetables prior to starting by either microwaving or cooking on the stove. Drain the excess liquid from the cauliflower and vegetables.
Heat a large pan over medium. Add olive oil to the pan and heat. Add rice and cauliflower rice and mix to coat well. Add the defrosted vegetables and mix together to combine.
To the rice mixture add coconut aminos, sesame oil, chili paste, garlic powder and salt. Mix everything together so everything is combined.
Let the rice burn. You want to let the mixture sit and cook for a while to get crispy prior to stirring. Repeat until you have some crispy burnt pieces of rice throughout the dish.
Lastly, mix in the chopped mango and green onions and stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve.
Optional add ins:
Top with toasted sesame seeds, sriracha, additional coconut aminos or your favorite protein.
Serving size notes
This mango fried rice recipe makes approximately 8 servings, each 150 grams or 3/4 cup. Please note that it is always best to weigh your final dish and divide by the number of servings for the most accurate serving size if tracking. There are so many factors that can change the outcome of the weight, example not fully removing the water from the riced cauliflower will results in a heavier dish.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy weeknight meals
“ohsnapmacros Mango Fried Rice”
Mango Fried Rice
- 2 bags Jasmine Ready Rice (8.5 oz. each) Uncle Bens Microwave Rice
- 12 oz. frozen riced cauliflower
- 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1/2 Tbsp. Chili Garlic Sauce adjust heat here
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 mango chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- Prep your rice, riced cauliflower and frozen vegetables prior to starting by either microwaving or cooking on the stove. Drain the excess liquid from the cauliflower and vegetables.
- Heat a large pan over medium. Add olive oil to the pan and heat. Add rice and cauliflower rice and mix to coat well. Add the defrosted vegetables and mix together to combine.
- To the rice mixture add coconut aminos, sesame oil, chili paste, garlic powder and salt. Mix everything together so everything is combined.
- Let the rice burn. You want to let the mixture sit and cook for a while to get crispy prior to stirring. Repeat until you have some crispy burnt pieces of rice throughout the dish.
- Lastly, mix in the chopped mango and green onions and stir to combine. Remove from heat and serve.
Perfect flavorful easy side! I love the addition of mango!