Family Friendly Pizza Mac and Cheese.
Did someone say Pizza, Mac and Cheese or Pizza Mac and Cheese?? This Mac and Cheese will leave your entire family speechless. Who doesn’t love a good old fashioned Mac and Cheese but how about 23 grams of protein, under 500 calories per serving and one that resembles a pepperoni pizza? Count me in!!
This recipe is so quick you can whip it up last minute when a craving strikes. It does require a lot of hand whisking though .. so be sure you’re not too sore from a arm workout. Kidding, kind of.
This recipe is macro friendly and family friendly. It’s actually a fun one to get your younger kids involved in and learning while cooking. I have my 3-year-old measure out all the ingredients. She weighs everything, “stop when the pasta hits the number 12.” It is amazing how many ways there are to teach our kids.
Try this one on your family and let me know what they think!
You can swap out any noodle here. Macros with change. We always use Barilla or De Cecco. Use Banza or Barilla Protein + for added protein.
Like any macaroni, in my opinion, it is best when eaten right away!
As always the best way to be the most accurate is to weigh you final dish and divide by the servings listed.
Half noodles, half steamed cauliflower chunks.
If you like this one, you'll love:
“ohsnapmacros Pizza Mac and Cheese”
Pizza Mac and Cheese
- 12 oz. Cellentani Pasta Noodles (Barilla)
- 2 tbsp. salted butter
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cup whole milk
- 1 cup Medium Cheddar Cheese shreds at room temp 85g
- 1 cup Reduced Fat Sharp Cheese - shredded, at room temp 85g
- Pinch of salt - add more later if needed
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp low skim mozzarella cheese shreds 56g
- 1/4 cup Italian Breadcrumbs 28g
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce 63g
- 30 slices Hormel Turkey Pepperoni 30g
- Preheat oven to 425F. Cook your pasta noodles according to package prior to the below steps.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium heat. Add flour and stir until combined into a thick paste. Stir and cook the paste for 1 minute. Slowly add milk and continually whisk. Add salt and garlic. Simmer and whisk until everything is well combined and the sauce begins to thicken. Approx. 3 mins.
- Slowly add the cheese and mix until all the cheese has melted and a cheese sauce has formed. Add pasta and mix together.
- Add pizza sauce and mix together.Options - top mac and cheese with pepperoni or mix together here. You can also chop pepperoni into quarters.
- Transfer mac and cheese to baking dish and top with mozzarella cheese, breadcrumbs and pepperoni (if not already mixed in). Bake for 10 minutes.Remove and enjoy!!