“ohsnapmacros Mexican Skillet”
- 1 lbs. chopped chicken breast
- 1 can whole corn kernels drained
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 jar salsa (30 tbsp) ** see note
- 3/4 cup basmati rice, uncooked
- 7 oz. water
- 1.5 tbsp. chili powder
- 1.5 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- * alternatively you can use taco seasoning of choice vs. seasonings listed
- Cut the chicken into strips, spray with cooking spray and season with chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika. Mix together to coat chicken well.
- Over medium heat spray cooking pan with cooking spray and sear chicken flipping often until almost cooked through.
- Add beans, corn, salsa, water, bell pepper to the chicken and mix together.
- Once mixed add the uncooked rice. Mix well. Cover and cook over medium to medium low for 10 mins stirring a few times to keep from burning the bottom.