Big Mac Cheeseburger Salad Bowl
No fast food restaurant needed! These Big Mac Bowls have all the flavors of a Big Mac deconstructed into a delicious salad bowl with the perfect low-calorie secret sauce.
This Big Mac bowl is a great way to meal prep or when you need an easy dinner to throw together. It’s very similar to my Big Mac Casserole, which is an Oh Snap Macros year-after-year reader favorite.
This cheeseburger salad has simple ingredients, layered into a bowl with juicy ground beef, crunchy dill pickles, chopped lettuce, and shredded cheese. It’s topped with a copycat Big Mac sauce to get that classic Big Mac taste right at home.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Only 274 calories per bowl compared to a 563-calorie burger!
- 11g of carbs and 29g of protein per bowl.
- Helps make meal prep a breeze!
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for these Big Mac Burger Bowls. See the recipe card below for the full ingredients list and instructions:
Variations and Substitutions
- You can use any ground meat but stick with ground beef if you want the classic burger taste. I suggest adding extra seasoning if you use lean ground turkey.
- Light, regular, avocado, and dairy-free mayonnaise all work great.
- Use regular or sugar-free ketchup.
- Add any veggies your heart desires!
- Gluten-free as written!
- How to make them dairy-free. Omit the cheese or use a dairy-free option and a dairy-free mayonnaise.
How to make this Big Mac bowl recipe (a visual step-by-step guide):
Step 1: cook ground beef, onions and add spices
Spray a large skillet over medium heat with nonstick spray. Add the ground beef and onion and cook to brown ground beef until cooked through and no longer pink, breaking into bite-sized pieces (image 1).
Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and mustard to the beef and stir to combine (image 2). Let simmer while you make your sauce.
Step 2: make your burger sauce
In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles and pickle juice (image 3).
Mix and fully combine the Big Mac Sauce (image 4).
Step 3: assemble bowl
Fill each bowl with 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce, 100 grams of meat mixture, 14 grams (approximately 2 Tbsp.) cheddar cheese, ¼ cup (46g) Big Mac sauce, chopped onions, and additional pickles (image 5). Add any additional vegetables you’d like.
How to meal prep these burger salad bowls
This Big Mac bowl is one of my favorite meal prep recipes because eating it for multiple days in a row doesn’t get boring. Even better, it’s low carb, high in protein, and delicious.
For meal prep, I suggest adding your cooked ground beef into separate containers first.
Then, add a piece of parchment paper on top of the meat.
Top with lettuce, chopped white onions, chopped pickles, chopped tomatoes or sesame seeds.
Do not add the sauce until you’re ready to eat and keep it in a separate container. This prevents the lettuce from getting soggy.
When you’re ready to reheat, remove the parchment paper with the salad fixings, heat the meat, then add the salad ingredients back to the heated meat. Top with the Big Mac sauce to tie it all together.
What to serve with these bowls
Nothing goes better with a burger than French fries and extra secret sauce on the side! You can have one of these bowls plus a small McDonald’s fry (if you want!) and still be under the calories of one actual Big Mac. Fun fact!
How to store
Store your leftover ingredients separately in an airtight container in the fridge.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other bowl recipes:
Big Mac Bowls
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Big Mac Bowls
- 1 lb. lean ground beef 96/4
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
Big Mac Sauce
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise 90g
- 1/3 cup ketchup 100g
- 1/4 cup dill pickles chopped
- 1.5 Tbsp. pickle juice
For Your Bowls
- 8 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese 56g
- chopped white onion
- chopped red onion
- chopped tomato
- side of fries
- Spray a large skillet over medium heat with nonstick spray. Add the ground beef and onion and cook until the beef is cooked through and no longer pink, breaking into bite sized pieces.
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and mustard to the beef and stir to combine. Let simmer while you make your sauce.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ketchup, pickles and pickle juice and mix to combine.
- Assemble your bowls and enjoy!
- Fill each bowl with 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce, 100 grams of meat mixture, 14 grams (appromiately 2 tbsp.) cheddar cheese, ¼ cup (58g) Big Mac sauce, chopped onions and additional pickles.
Meal Prep Assembly
- Layer meat first and top with parchment paper. Top with the lettuce, onions and cheese. Either add the pickles or place on a separate small parchment paper so they don’t make the lettuce soggy. Put the sauce in the small tupperware bowl to bring on the side. Remove the salad portion and heat the meat directly in the dish and then mix your bowls. Or enjoy cold too!
- Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary with substitutions.
- Per Bowl: 2 cups lettuce, 100 grams meat mixture, 14g cheddar cheese, 58g Big Mac Sauce.