Why you’ll love this recipe
- These breakfast burrito bowls will be a great addition to your meal prep rotation.
- Loaded with protein, veggies and flavor!
- Using minimal ingredients and pantry staples you can easily prep these bowls.
- Turn these into breakfast bowls and add a fried egg or scrambled egg whites.
- You can also prep these and add your favorite lettuce blend for a taco salad!
Homemade taco seasoning
I love making my own sauces and seasoning blends versus buying store bought. It has no weird additives, and I am able to add very little to no sugar to get to the flavor I want. These breakfast burrito bowls use my go to favorite taco seasoning, which is completely sugar free and so darn flavorful. If you want to save 2 minutes use your favorite store bought taco seasoning. When not making my own, I use Siete Taco Seasoning.
Can I use other ground meats?
Sure! This recipe uses lean ground turkey. You can definitely use chicken or beef for these breakfast burrito bowls. Cook everything the same. They will be absolutely delicious with whatever protein you choose.
How do you meal prep?
These breakfast burrito bowls are great for meal prep since they can truly be breakfast, lunch oe dinner depending on what you add to them when serving.
STay in the know!
NEVER MISS A RECIPESign up for free and be the first to get notified about updates.
For me, meal prepping is essential if I have:
- A busy week ahead
- I am in a deficit trying to cut fat
- I want to save time in general and not have to last minute decide what to eat or eat out.
When I am meal-prepping for a week I choose 2 recipes to make and alternate for lunches. Ex. this recipe makes 4 breakfast burrito bowls so I would alternate it throughout the week and have it M/W/F for lunch and Tuesday or Thursday for dinner. I would then add something like High Protein Egg Roll In A Bowl which only has 2 servings and have that for lunch on Tuesday and Thursday. For dinner meal prep I like making things that will guarantee leftovers OR give me leftovers that I can use in other ways. Macro Friendly Chili is great for that since it has a lot of servings and can be chili one night, chili dogs the next or even Chili Cheese Enchiladas!
Is this gluten and dairy free?
These breakfast burrito bowls are all of the above. They’re the perfect option for anyone who is gluten free and/or dairy free.
If … then, the bowl series
I am provided nutrition facts for the bowls without any added eggs, salsa or toppings. Why? I want you to be able to customize these breakfast burrito bowls exactly how you want them. Log the burrito bowls and then add whatever works in your personal goals to your tracking app, like eggs etc.
Here are a couple of ideas of how I would prepare them:
- add 1 over easy egg
- add 100 grams of scrambled egg whites
- add 100 grams + 1 full egg scrambled
- put everything over a bed of lettuce and top with salsa and Bolthouse Farms yogurt ranch
- put everything over a bed of lettuce and top with Bolthouse Farms salsa ranch
- put everything over a bed of lettuce and top with salsa, plain greek yogurt and avocado
- copy lunch ideas
- wrap everything up in a low carb tortilla or lavash bread and sear the outside
- use low carb small tortillas and make mini tacos or fajitas
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See recipe card below for full ingredients list and instructions for these breakfast burrito bowls.
Lean Ground Turkey: this recipe uses 1 pound of lean ground turkey (99/1%). You can substitute with ground chicken, beef or any ground meat you prefer.
Vegetables: we are using thinly sliced orange bell pepper, red onion and riced cauliflower. You can use any color of bell pepper and any combination of vegetables you prefer.
Black Beans: this recipe includes a can of rinsed and drained black beans for some additional protein in each bowl. You can omit entirely.
Homemade Taco Seasoning: the taco seasoning is a quick combination of spices and water to create the perfect paste for the turkey to cook in. You can use your favorite taco seasoning if you do not want to prepare your own.
Cauliflower Rice: I prefer using a pre riced package of frozen cauliflower rice when meal prepping as it saves a ton of time. This recipe is using a 10 oz bag of cauliflower rice combined with chopped cilantro and fresh lime juice for added flavor.
- substitute frozen cauliflower with cooked riced cauliflower
- other options to use rice or a combination of rice and cauliflower like I have done in the Teriyaki Beef Bowls.
To lower the carbs in this bowl use cauliflower rice only and omit all other rice.
Toppings / Add-ins: top with salsa, greek yogurt instead of sour cream, avocado or guacamole. Serve with a runny egg, scrambled eggs, over a bed of lettuce with salad dressing or wrapped in tortillas.
How to make these Breakfast Burrito Bowls:
Cook the turkey
Heat a pan over medium, spray with cooking spray and add the ground turkey. Using a spatula break the turkey into bite size pieces as it cooks. Cook until it is fully cooked through and no longer pink in the center approximately 5 minutes.
Make the taco seasoning
While the turkey cooks add all the taco seasonings to a small bowl. Top with the water and mix to form a paste. Add the paste to the cooked turkey, mix together well to combine and turn the heat to low. Let the turkey cook in the seasonings for a few minutes while you prep the vegetables.
Saute the veggies
Remove the cooked turkey from the pan and set aside. Spray the pan with non stick cooking spray and add the garlic, bell pepper and onion to the pan. Let the veggies saute over medium heat, stirring often so they do not burn, while you prepare the cauliflower rice.
Prep the cauliflower
Cook the cauliflower according to the package instructions. Remove from the bag and add to a bowl. Combine with the chopped cilantro and lime juice and mix together well.
Assemble the bowls
Assemble your breakfast burrito bowls.
Each bowl gets 1/4 of each ingredient. These are approximate grams per bowl. Please note that these are estimates and it is always best to weigh your total and divide by the number of servings for the exact measurements per serving. I always recommend this route for perfection because final weights can vary for MANY reasons (liquid evaporation is a big one) but the nutrition facts will remain the same.
Approximate measurements per bowl.
Turkey Meat – 114 grams
Black Beans – 53 grams
Peppers & Onions – 55 grams
Cauliflower Rice – 67 grams
These breakfast burrito bowls are logged into both MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst tracking apps for easy logging. Log this first and add whatever fits in your goals whether it be a runny egg, egg whites or a salad. Top with good stuff like salsa, avocado or ranch dressing or add some Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes!
Bowl nutrition facts are entered into MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst tracking apps.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy recipes!
- Teriyaki Beef Bowls
- Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl
- Chicken Teriyaki Pineapple Bowl
- Ground Chicken Stir Fry
- Taco Mac and Cheese
- Big Mac Casserole
Breakfast Burrito Bowls
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Breakfast Burrito Bowls
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey 99/1
- Taco Seasoning
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 oz. frozen cauliflower riced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped measured before chopped
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained 15 oz. can
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp, garic powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1.5 Tbsp. cumin
- 1/4 cup water
- Heat a pan over medium, spray with cooking spray and add the ground turkey. Using a spatula break the turkey into bite size pieces as it cooks. Cook until it is fully cooked through and no longer pink in the center approximately 5 minutes.
- While the turkey cooks add all the taco seasonings to a small bowl. Top with the water and mix to form a paste. Add the paste to the cooked turkey, mix together well to combine and turn the heat to low. Let the turkey cook in the seasonings for a few minutes while you prep the vegetables.
- Remove the cooked turkey from the pan and set aside. Spray the pan with non stick cooking spray and add the garlic, bell pepper and onion to the pan. Let the veggies saute over medium heat, stirring often so they do not burn, while you prepare the cauliflower rice.
- Cook the cauliflower according to the package instructions. Remove from the bag and add to a bowl. Combine with the chopped cilantro and lime juice and mix together well.
- Assemble your breakfast burrito bowls. Top with eggs if desired or turn into a salad over a bed of lettuce. Egg is not included in the nutrition facts, see notes.
- Approximate measurements per bowl. Turkey Meat – 114 grams, Black Beans – 53 grams, Peppers & Onions – 55 gram, Cauliflower Rice – 67 grams