Why you'll love this recipe:
- These baked oatmeal for one use pantry staples and are easy to put together.
- Make multiple bowls in oven safe meal prep dishes and reheat through the week.
- These oats come out the texture of a soft baked cookie, for breakfast.
- Add fruits and spices for different flavored oats.
- Different take on your typical microwave oats
Can you make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes. I suggest making multiple bowls in oven safe meal prep dishes, like these glass containers, and reheat throughout the week. Top the baked oatmeal for one with your favorite toppings and enjoy.
What size baking dish do you use?
I am using a 5″ x 5″ x 3″ Souper Cubes Stoneware Baking Dish. Use code OHSNAPMACROS10 for 10% off your first order. Souper Cubes products are a staple in my house and the baking dish works perfect with this baked oatmeal for one.
I recommend adding a splash of almond milk to the oats before eating. It adds the perfect amount of creaminess and really takes it up a notch. Some other toppings and spice adds for these baked oatmeal for one are:
- Fresh Berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries).
- Banana, you could also substitute the pumpkin for 1/2 a ripe banana.
- Additional chocolate chips, yum.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Flakey Sea Salt.
- Ginger + Cinnamon for a gingerbread baked oat.
- Cinnamon + Ginger + Nutmeg to get a pumpkin pie flavored oat.
- Liquid Extracts: Vanilla, Almond, Lemon, Peppermint, Coconut, Banana, Maple, Orange.
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See recipe card below for full ingredients list and instructions for baked oatmeal for one.
Old Fashioned Oats: this recipe has only been testing with old fashioned oats.
Almond Milk: you can use unsweetened unflavored almond milk but keep in mind the unsweetened Vanilla will add a little more flavor. I get mine from Costco in bulk.
Pumpkin Puree: if you do not want to use pumpkin puree use 1/2 a ripe banana, mashed. This will also add sweetness that the pumpkin does not add.
Lite Pancake Syrup: this is used to add sweetness to the oats. You can substitute with pure maple syrup or honey.
Vanilla Extract: for different variations of these baked oatmeal for one use other flavor extracts like: Almond, Lemon, Peppermint, Coconut, Banana, Maple, Orange.
How to make these baked oatmeal for one
Pre heat the oven
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a ramekin or single serving baking dish with non stick spray.
Blend, blend, blend
Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor, single serve blender or blender and blend until combined and oats are finely chopped.
Pour and top with chocolate chips
Add the batter to the baking dish and top with chocolate chips.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until done. The top will crinkle over when it is done. Test with a toothpick if needed.
Enjoy your baked oatmeal for one!
Remove from the oven and top with additional toppings. I HIGHLY recommend a splash of almond milk and berries, mix together and enjoy!
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy breakfast meals!
“ohsnapmacros Baked Oatmeal For One”
Baked Oatmeal For One
- 1/2 cup (40g) Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/4 cup (60ml) unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup (60g) Pumpkin Puree
- 1 egg whites
- 1 Tbsp lite Pancake Syrup
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 7 g Lily's Baking Chocolate Chips
- Drizzle of lite pancake syrup
- Additional almond milk after baking (highly recommend)
- Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a ramekin or single serving baking dish with non stick spray. I used a 5"x5"x3" Souper Cubes Stoneware Baking Dish. Linked in the blog post above.
- Place all ingredients except chocolate chips in a food processor, single serve blender or blender and blend until combined and oats are finely chopped.Add the batter to the baking dish and top with chocolate chips.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until done. The top will crinkle over when it is done. Test with a toothpick if needed.Remove from the oven and top with additional toppings. I HIGHLY recommend a splash of almond milk and berries, mix together and enjoy!
Perfectly balanced!! Super simple to make, next time I’ll add more fruit.
So glad to hear you like this recipe, thank you!
I made this for breakfast this morning. I subbed applesauce for pumpkin because I didn’t have any. Super easy and delicious.
Awesome to know, thank you!!
This has been on repeat for months. It is so easy and delicious! I increase portions to 6 and bake in a 9×13 dish. Sometimes, I will add vanilla protein powder to up the macros.
It freezes and reheats well. Thanks, Danielle, for all your fabulous 5 star recipes!!!!!
I am making this recipe right now and looking forward to it. You have ground cinnamon twice. Is that because you suggest it as a topping?
Just a good old human error 🙂