This chicken is packed full of flavor complemented by the chili lime crema. Serve on pitas, lettuce wraps, tacos or just by itself!Jump to Recipe
Chicken Adobo Pitas with Chili Lime Crema
This chicken is packed full of flavor complemented by the chili lime crema. Serve on pitas, lettuce wraps, tacos or just by itself!
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Chicken Adobo Pitas with Chili Lime Crema
- 1.5 lbs chicken breast
- 1 can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (7oz) use half for less heat
- 7 oz water
- 220 g (~1/2 container) salsa
Chili Lima Crema (1 serving)
- 15 g light sour cream
- 3 g lime juice
- lime zest
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Joseph's Bakery Pitas
For the chicken:
- For the Chicken: Spray pan over medium heat with cooking spray. Salt and pepper chicken breast and sear. Once seared add chipotles, water and salsa. Stir and bring to a bubbling simmer over medium and cover. Cook covered for 10 mins. Flip chicken. Cook covered for another 10 mins. Shred chicken with two forks and stir together. Chop peppers (I use my meat masher direct in the pan). Stir together. Simmer for a few minutes to allow the chicken to soak up the juices.
For the crema:
- For the Crema: Mix everything together. Let set in fridge.
For the pita:
- Warm pitas in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften. Add green leaf lettuce, 1 servings of chicken adobo mixture split between the two pitas. Top with crema and cilantro and enjoy
Pairs well with pitas, lettuce wraps, rice, on nachos, buns, possibilities are endless here. Reheats well in the microwave making for a perfect meal prep option.
For 2 pitas: 324 calories 6F/28C/49P
Serving: 151g (chicken only)Calories: 212kcalCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 37gFat: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!