Make this Easy Vegetable Quiche for your next holiday or brunch with friends.
Ingredients and Substitutes:
Use refrigerated uncooked ready to bake pie crust. You could also swap with your favorite gluten free crust.
This quiche has chopped tomatoes, spinach, garlic and chives. You can use the same base and swap out with your vegetables of choice.
Ex. asparagus, kale, mushrooms
Mixing together egg whites and full eggs makes this recipe extremely macro friendly and low fat. You could easily swap eggs for all egg whites. 1 egg = 2 tbsp egg whites.
Milk helps bind together a quiche and fluff up your eggs. If you’re looking to swap out milk with an alternative, like non-dairy, I would suggest taking a look at this article on substitutes for milk in quiche.
This recipe uses reduced fat feta and full fat parmesan. Both can be swapped for your favorite creamy cheese.
The flakey pie crust and creamy egg mixture make a perfect quiche that is lower carb and fat. Serve this at your next brunch and your guests will never know they’re eating a low fat dish all the while you get to stay within your macros.
Pre cook your crust halfway before adding the mixture.
Mix eggs, egg whites and milk in a separate bowl.
Top cooked pie crust with sauteed veggies, eggs, cheese and chopped green onions. The egg mixture will not rise so filling to the tippy top will not be a problem.
Bake at 350F for 40-45 minutes until completely cooked through. Test the center with a toothpick to be sure the eggs are fully cooked.
Serve this Easy Vegetable Quiche with a in season fruit salad and fresh brewed coffee.
If you like this Quiche be sure to check out some of our other easy breakfast recipes!
“ohsnapmacros Easy Vegetable Quiche”
Easy Vegetable Quiche
- 1 uncooked refrigerated pie crust
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion 60g
- 2 cup chopped spinach 60g
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped 160g
- 1 cup liquid egg whites 250g
- 3 egg
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup reduced fat feta cheese 28g
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese 28g
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 green onions chopped
- Preheat oven according to pie crust package. Place one pie crust in a pie dish, poke a few holes in the bottom and bake 1/2 the recommended time. Example: if the package asks to bake at 425F for 12 minutes, cook at 425F for 6 minutes.When the crust is done cooking, remove from the oven and lower the temperature to 350F.
- While the pie crust bakes, prep your vegetables. Heat a medium pan over medium and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic and onion and sauté until the onion begins to soften. Add tomatoes, spinach, salt and pepper and simmer until the spinach has wilted.In a bowl whisk together egg whites, eggs and milk.
- Place the sauteed vegetables in the pie dish on top of the pie crust and evenly coat the bottom.Pour egg mixture over sauteed vegetables.
- Sprinkle feta, parmesan and lastly green onions on top of the egg mixture.Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or longer until the egg its fully cooked and toothpick comes out clean. Always note - bake times will vary oven to oven.
- Slice into 8 equal slices and enjoy!