Layers of tortillas, taco meat and egg make for the perfect breakfast bake. This bake stores in the fridge well, reheats easily and can be topped with salsa, sour cream, nonfat greek yogurt or your favorite hot sauce. Add chopped green chilis or jalapenos to your taco meat when cooking for a added kick.
Turkey Taco Breakfast Bake
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Turkey Taco Breakfast Bake
- 1 lbs. lean ground turkey 99/1
- Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 can black beans 150g
- 3/4 cup canned corn 100g
- 32 oz. liquid egg whites 1 full carton
- 6 white corn tortillas (100 cals for 2)
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend 56g
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. chili powder
- 1.5 tbsp. cumin
- fresh cracked pepper
- Brown ground turkey in a pan over medium heat. Mix all taco seasonings together in a bowl and add water until it forms a slurry paste. Add the seasoning to the turkey meat when almost fully cooked. Add beans and corn and let everything simmer while you get the rest of your ingredients together.
- Preheat oven to 400. Chop all 6 corn tortillas into slices.
- Spray baking dish with nonstick spray and layer the bottom with half the tortillas slices.
- Top the tortillas with half the meat mixture and half the egg whites. Repeat.
- Once you have 2 layers of tortillas, meat mixture and eggs, top with shredded cheese and bake for 30 minutes.To serve cut into 6 equal squares or approximately 283 grams per square.