Air Fryer Blackened Chicken is spicy, delicious and easy! This is going to be your go to meal prep. It’s quick, easy, flavorful and all clean whole ingredients.
This chicken is perfect for meal prep due to its versatility. You can add it to salads, sandwiches, pasta, tacos or by itself for a quick and easy protein snack. It is good in anything, on anything and with anything. We make it every single Sunday and I’m pretty sure this one is my all time favorite recipe.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Tastes good on and in basically anything!
- All clean and easy accessibly ingredients.
- This air fryer blackened chicken is so easy to make and ready in under 10 minutes in the air fryer.
- You can easily adjust the spice to your liking with the cayenne pepper.
- Freezer friendly!
- Meal prep friendly.
Can you BBQ this chicken?
You can definitely BBQ or bake this air fryer blackened chicken recipe. If you BBQ do not cut the chicken into strips. Pound the chicken thin to approx. 3/4″ thick and season the entire chicken breast. Place on the BBQ and cook until completely cooked through.
How do you track this recipe in MyFitnessPal?
MyFitnessPal tracking tip: weigh your meat raw and enter as a recipe ingredient. Weigh your meat upon cooking and set as your total number of servings. Each time you use the meat enter the total grams used as your serving size.
Nutrition facts for using 1 lbs. of raw chicken and 4 cooked servings.
This recipe can be used for up to 2 lbs. of chicken. Note the seasoning will be less with more chicken.
Can you freeze this chicken?
Yes!! Stop buying frozen chicken and prep yourself this air fryer blackened chicken recipe and place in freezer safe bags. Grab them straight out of the freezer and reheat in the air fryer or microwave.
What to pair the air fryer blackened chicken with?
Check out these blackened chicken recipes:
- Blackened Chicken Tacos
- Blackened Shrimp Alfredo
- Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad
- Blackened Chicken White Sauce Pizza
- Blackened Chicken Alfredo
“Cannot even begin to explain how good the air fryer blackened chicken from @ohsnapmacros is. They’re easy, minimal ingredients reheat well and work with everything!!”
Air Fryer Blackened Chicken
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Air Fryer Blackened Chicken
- Air Fryer
- 1 lbs. chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 to 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Mix seasonings in a deep mixing bowl and set aside.
- Slice chicken breast into strips. Add chicken to bowl of seasonings and mix together well to evenly coat.
- Preheat air fryer. Lay chicken in air fryer without any pieces overlapping. Cook at 380 for 8 minutes.You can also pan sear, bake or BBQ this chicken. If baking – either cut into strips or leave in whole breasts and bake at 375 for approx. 20-25 minutes until cooked through and no longer pink. If BBQing – pound chicken breasts to approximately 1/2 inch thick. Top with the seasonings and coat well on all sides. BBQ on both sides until cooked through, approximately 4-5 minutes each side. If pan searing – suggest cutting into strips and searing a hot cast iron until cooked through.