Why you'll love this recipe:
- This quiche is easy, delicious and the entire family will love it.
- The macros are great without sacrificing any flavor.
- Easily customizable using your favorite protein and greens.
- Reheats amazing making it the perfect meal prep option to reheat in the office or on the go.
Ingredients and Substitutes:
Pie Crust: you can swap with any favorite store bought or homemade uncooked pie crust. If using a pre-cooked crust there is no need to pre-bake the crust. You can also use alternatives like mandolin sliced potatoes.
Bacon: use your favorite bacon! For this recipe I am using bacon that is 80 calories for 2 slices. 7F/0C/4P for 2 pan fried slices. Recipe calls for 4 slices. One of my favorite bacon is the Pederson’s Farms.
You can find my family favorites Halibut Recipe on their blog here.
Bacon is not the only choice here, you can swap with your protein of choice. Cubed ham, turkey or chicken sausage and Italian sausage make a great addition.
Onions and Garlic: omit as needed.
Egg whites: I like to purchase the 32oz. carton of whites and use throughout the week. This recipe calls for 1.5 cups.
Milk: Milk helps bind together a quiche and fluff up your eggs. If you’re looking to swap out milk with an alternative, like non-dairy, I would suggest taking a look at this article on substitutes for milk in quiche.
Cheese: this recipe calls for mozzarella cheese but you can sub for your favorite.
Arugula: arugula is my favorite green, hands down. It adds a peppery flavor, black pepper, to any dish. You can swap with spinach, kale or your favorite greens.
Step by step instructions:
Preheat oven according to pie crust package. Place one pie crust in a pie dish, poke a few holes in the bottom and bake 1/2 the recommended time. Example: if the package asks to bake at 425F for 12 minutes, cook at 425F for 6 minutes.
When the crust is done cooking, remove from the oven and lower the temperature to 350F.
While the pie crust bakes, cook and chop your bacon and prep your veggies.
Heat a medium pan over medium and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic and onion and sauté until the onion begins to soften. Add arugula salt and mix until the arugula has wilted. Remove from heat and add cooked chopped bacon.
In a bowl whisk together egg whites, milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
Place the sauteed bacon and vegetables in the pie dish on top of the pie crust and evenly coat the bottom. Pour egg mixture over sauteed bacon and vegetables. Be sure to move the cheese around so that it doesn’t pool in the center. You can also sprinkle on at the end instead.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45-50 minutes or longer until the egg is fully cooked and a toothpick comes out clean. Always note – bake times will vary oven to oven.
Slice into 8 equal slices and serve! Enjoy!
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy meals!
“ohsnapmacros Egg White Quiche”
Egg White Quiche
- 1 uncooked refrigerated pie crust
- 4 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1.5 cups liquid egg whites 350g
- 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion 60g
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cups whole milk 120g
- 1/2 cups Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella, shredded 56g
- 1 cup Arugula 40g
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven according to pie crust package. Place one pie crust in a pie dish, poke a few holes in the bottom and bake 1/2 the recommended time. Example: if the package asks to bake at 425F for 12 minutes, cook at 425F for 6 minutes.When the crust is done cooking, remove from the oven and lower the temperature to 350F.
- While the pie crust bakes, cook and chop your bacon and prep your veggies.Heat a medium pan over medium and spray with cooking spray. Add garlic and onion and sauté until the onion begins to soften. Add arugula salt and mix until the arugula has wilted. Remove from heat and add cooked chopped bacon.
- In a bowl whisk together egg whites, milk, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Place the sauteed vegetables and bacon in the pie dish on top of the pie crust and evenly coat the bottom.Pour egg mixture over sauteed mixture. Be sure the cheese does not pool to the middle of the quiche, use a spoon to move around is needed.
- Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or longer until the egg its fully cooked and toothpick comes out clean. Always note - bake times will vary oven to oven.
- Slice into 8 equal slices and enjoy!
I looked like Emma Stone in Easy A at the lobster shack eating this 🤤 SO good, and great reheated if you take breakfast to work like I do.
Loved this! I added mushrooms with onions and garlic and turned out delicious!!
YUMMMMY!!!!!! I made this crustless (I like to eat Ezekiel toast with breakfast), with Canadian bacon, chopped yellow swiss chard (and spinach) and fresh garlic buds from the farmers market. Because of no crust, I cut it into 4 servings. LOVE your recipes!!!
Great recipe. I had some leftover egg whites after making a banana cream pie and found this recipe. I have never made a quiche before either. I added spinach instead and breakfast Turkey sausage instead of bacon. I didn’t have enough egg white so I added 2 whole eggs and sprinkled with cheese on top instead of mixed. Turned out amazing! My family loved it! Next time I’ll make two 😋
Woohoo!! Sounds delicious!
Thanks! Made it with liquid egg whites , bacon and sausage, jalapenos, gruyere a wee bit of leftover cauli rice n black beans, garlic n onion.
Omg so so good! I even ate it for lunch with some tomato soup and it was the perfect cold day meal.
Amazing recipe on repeat for lunch !!!