A Casserole the entire family will love!
Ingredients and Substitutes:
I am using Rotisserie Chicken to make this a super quick weeknight meal but you could easily swap with shredded chicken breast. I do suggest if you use plain shredded chicken to add some seasonings to it as rotisserie chicken is seasoned and adds flavor to the dish. Yours macros will change.
I used Old El Paso – 0F / 4C / 0P per serving.
I just buy whatever can is on sale.
I used Lucerne reduced fat Mexican Cheese finely shredded. 90 cals 6F / 2C / 7P per serving.
I used Quest Nacho Cheese chips. You could use your favorite nacho cheese or taco flavored chip here but please note your macros with change.
This Chicken Enchilada Casserole is packed with added protein using Quest chips and has all the flavors you love about enchiladas while still being low carb. One serving is only 14 grams of carbs!
Preheat the oven to 350 and prep your chicken by removing all the meat from the bone and placing it in a bowl.
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until the cheese is melty and the sauce has started to thicken.
Top with cilantro, chopped green onions, sour cream, salsa, avocado, etc. and enjoy!
As always – it is best to weigh your final dish and divide by the number of servings listed for the most accurate serving size.
If you like this casserole be sure to check out some of our other favorites!
“ohsnapmacros Chicken Enchilada Casserole”
Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- 11 oz. rotisserie chicken meat (small rotisserie chicken without bones)
- 10 oz. can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 4 oz. can green chilies
- 14.5 oz. can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1/2 cups corn, drained 125g
- 1/2 cup reduced fat Mexican Cheese shreds 56g
- 2 oz. Quest Nacho Cheese Protein Chips
- Pre heat oven to 350F. Remove the chicken from the full rotisserie chicken, debone and remove skin. Chop all the meat into bite sizes pieces and place in a bowl.
- Add enchilada sauce, green chilies, fire roasted tomatoes, corn, salt and pepper to the bowl with the chicken and mix together well.Spray a 9x13 baking dish with nonstick spray and add the chicken mixture to the dish.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Crunch up chips into bite size pieces and sprinkle over the top of the dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until the cheese is melty and the sauce has started to thicken.
This recipe is delicious and so simple to make! I love how low carb this meal is, and leaves you with leftovers. 10/10 would recommend! I used chicken breast with fajita seasoning mix in place of the rotisserie chicken and it was delicious. Can’t wait to make this again!