It’s also easily customizable by adding your favorite nuts, spice and dried fruit.
Ingredients and Substitutes:
Grate your zucchini first on a standard cheese grater and let it sit out while you prep the remaining ingredients. Do not squeeze out any of the liquid as this helps keeps the bread moist.
You can use any brand of nonfat Greek Yogurt. I prefer Fage and think it tastes the best.
I use Chocolate Gold Standard Whey. You can swap with your favorite chocolate protein powder.
Using Lily’s Dark Chocolate Baking Chips.
Preheat the oven to 350F.
Line a baking loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. I use Chosen Foods avocado spray.
Shred your zucchini first and let it sit out while you prep the remaining ingredients. Do not squeeze out any of the liquid as this helps keeps the bread moist.
Place all wet ingredients in a bowl and mix. Leave zucchini for last.Place all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix.Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold in zucchini. Place mixture into loaf pan and top with chocolate chips.
Bake at 350 for 50 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Five more easy snacks you’ll love:
Air Fryer Egg Rolls
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Mushrooms
Individual Pumpkin Pie Apple Danish
Spicy Air Fryer Tortellini
Chocolate Protein Zucchini Bread
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Chocolate Protein Zucchini Bread
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 0% nonfat Greek Yogurt 270g
- 1/2 cup lite Pancake Syrup 110g
- 1 tsp1 Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 cups almond flour 235g
- 1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (Gold Standard Whey) 32g
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 servings chocolate chips on top 28g
- Preheat oven to 350F.Line a baking loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with nonstick spray. I use Chosen Foods avocado spray.
- While the oven heats grate zucchini with a standard cheese grater. Set aside while you prep the batter and do not squeeze the liquid out. Place all wet ingredients (not including zucchini) in a bowl and mix.Place all dry ingredients in a separate bowl and mix.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and fold in zucchini last.
- Add the mixture to parchment paper lined loaf pan and top with chocolate chips.Bake at 350F for approximately one hour until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice and serve.
- Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary with substitutions.