Oil Free Pesto
Skip the dairy, nuts and oil and try this simple Oil Free Pesto. I love a good pesto and the flavors it adds to pastas, wraps and pizzas. I was determined to figure out a pesto that didn’t break the macro bank but gave me everything I craved. This pesto does the trick. It’s garlicky and lemony and packs a punch. Try it on your next pizza, sandwich, wrap or mix it with some laughing cow wedges and make a creamy pasta.
How is this an Oil Free Pesto?
I am not sure this sauce could get any more macro friendly as it’s low fat and low carb for the entire jar of pesto. The entire jar is 59 calories!
This pesto takes all the best flavors and combines them with zero oil and zero added fat. Get all your fat from the other great toppings you’ll add to your dishes like cheese.
- Basil – I used a 2 oz. container of fresh packaged basil
- Spinach – 2 big handfuls of fresh baby spinach
- Garlic – 4 cloves cleaned and placed in whole
- Lemon – 1/2 a lemon juice for some tang
- Salt and Pepper – I only use A M Salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes for some spice
- Almonds or walnuts for some added fat, nuttiness and texture
- Water vs. oil if your add in makes it to thick
- Or add oil for some added fat
Now sure what to put pesto on?
- Toast with sliced hard boiled egg and red pepper flakes
- Mix with all kinds of pastas
- Add to Air Fryer Potato Wedges
- Use as pizza sauce
- Use as salad dressing
- Add to sandwiches, wraps and crunchwraps as spread
- Stuff chicken with cheese and pesto and bake for a quick protein packed meal
- Put on a bagel with some whipped cream cheese for a savory snack
1 Jar ~ 140 grams
“ohsnapmacros Oil Free Pesto”
|2 cups fresh basil (2 oz.)|
|2 cups spinach|
|1/2 large lemon juiced|
|4 cloves of garlic|
|1 Tbsp. water|
|pinch of salt|
|fresh cracked pepper|