Why you’ll love this recipe
- Quick and easy with just a few ingredients.
- Low in carbs and calories compared to store bought brands.
- Add low carb lemon granola to milk or yogurt to add protein.
- Great on its own as an “eat from the jar” snack.
- Great use of those leftover lemons!
Sweet, crunchy and deceivingly healthy, this low carb lemon granola will make you want to have breakfast every meal of the day. A perfect summer snack with its bright and sweet lemony taste, this granola is perfect with milk, over yogurt, or on its own as a bite size snack.
What makes this granola different?
No denying granola is insanely delicious but with its high calorie, fat and carb content it tends to freak people out who are trying to count their macros. Until my low carb lemon granola, that is!
This granola has 101 calories and 9g of carbs per serving. Compare it to a favorite boxed granola at 140 calories and 17g of carbs per serving. This recipe uses oats and rice cereal and no nuts which greatly reduces its caloric load. The best part? This one is equally as good and insanely easy to make!! Simply mix everything together and bake!
STay in the know!
NEVER MISS A RECIPESign up for free and be the first to get notified about updates.
How to store this granola
I highly doubt you’ll have much of your easy homemade granola leftover but if you do, store it in an airtight jar or container for up to two months.
What to pair this granola with
There’s so many ways to enjoy your lemon granola. Enjoy as a parfait over yogurt with some berries. Try it as a cereal with a bowl of your favorite milk. Then there’s always the option of snacking straight out the jar. Each is equally as satisfying!
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See recipe card below for full ingredients list and instructions for low carb lemon granola.
Old Fashioned Oats: this recipe uses old fashioned or rolled oats. Do not use instant oats for this recipe.
Puffed Rice Cereal: you will need puffed rice cereal for this recipe, linked here. I like the brand Arrowhead which can be found at my local grocery store on the bottom shelf (in a bag) and Target.
Vanilla Protein Powder: I am using Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Vanilla Ice Cream protein powder. You can use your favorite vanilla protein powder or other flavors as desired. You’ll need one scoop.
Lemon: You’ll be using the juice of one lemon and some zest, if desired for added flavor.
Coconut Oil: to combine the dry ingredients this recipe uses 1/4 cup of melted coconut oil. You can substitute 1:1 with butter.
Lite Pancake Syrup: to combine the dry ingredients this recipe uses 1/4 cup of lite sugar free pancake syrup.
How to make low carb lemon granola
Preheat the oven
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Combine dry ingredients
Combine the oats, puffed rice, vanilla protein powder and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk together. For an extra boost of lemon flavor add 1-2 tsp of lemon zest, if desired.
Add the wet ingredients
Melt the coconut oil and add to the bowl of dry ingredients. Add the syrup and stir together so everything is evenly coated.
Spread the granola onto a parchment lined baking sheet so that there are no large clumps, leaving a lot of spaces between the granola. This will help it dry out while baking. Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove and mix up the granola. Place back in the oven for 2-6 minutes, checking every couple minutes to ensure you do not burn the granola and remove once it is dry and crumbly. Let the granola cool completely on the sheet pan to dry out before crumbling into bite-size pieces.
What is a serving size for this granola?
Nutrition facts are a estimate. As always, for the most accurate measurement per serving weigh your final dish and divide by the serving amount.
This homemade granola makes approximately 10 servings at 21g per serving.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy recipes!
- Protein Banana Bread
- Cracked Out Tater Tot Casserole
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken
- Buffalo Ranch Chicken Salad
- Dairy Free Egg Casserole
Low Carb Lemon Granola
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Low Carb Lemon Granola
- 1-2 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the oats, puffed rice, vanilla protein powder and lemon juice in a bowl and whisk together. Add lemon zest, if desired.
- Melt the coconut oil and add to the bowl of dry ingredients. Add the syrup and stir together so everything is evenly coated.
- Spread the granola onto a parchment lined baking sheet so that there are no large clumps, leaving a lot of spaces between the granola. This will help it dry out while baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove and mix up the granola. Place back in the oven for 2-6 minutes, checking every couple minutes to ensure you do not burn the granola and remove once it is dry and crumbly.
- Let the granola cool completely on the sheetpan to dry out before crumbling into bite size pieces.
- 10 servings at 21g each.
- Add lemon zest into the mix prior to baking for extra lemon flavor.