This Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup is spicy yet creamy as it’s made with cream cheese and lots of delicious spices. Between the shredded chicken, cream cheese, corn and beans you are lacking zero flavor with this recipe. The best part, you’re going to be shocked at the serving size for under 300 calories.
You can store this soup in the fridge and reheat throughout the week or freeze in my favorite Souper Cubes in portioned out servings to enjoy later. You can just finish it all in one night with your family!!
I put a poll up in my Instagram stories last week to see what recipes you wanted me to share from the January Shred program, it was between this recipe and the Jambalaya, two of my favorites. The Instagram fam has spoken and the winner was the Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family and I do!
For a dairy free alternative sub cream cheese with 1/3 cup of coconut milk!!
This easy Creamy Chicken Enchilada soup is full of flavor and makes crazy weeknight meals a breeze.
This recipe is a SHRED exclusive and thankfully Emma is allowing me to post one recipe from the January SHRED to share with all of you!
SHRED. what is it? SHRED is a 30 day fitness and nutrition program. It is the program that jump started my fitness journey after having my second daughter and it is the program that ultimately changed my outlook on food.
What does the program include?
Full access to Emma’s app with the following:
- Custom macro setting for fat loss with calorie cycling option.
- Comprehensive guide with detailed information on macros.
- A 4 week workout program. Both home & gym programs with video demos. I personally do the home workouts.
- Track your progress of your workouts via the app! You can record weight, reps, rest time, notes & more!
- Sample meal plan (full day of eating) for each calorie level.
- Lifetime access to the program (you keep the workouts & recipes forever). This includes mine!
- Recipes with macro breakdown and food list by macros, including exclusive recipes by ME!
My experience with SHRED is really what brought me here!
Tracking your macros seems overwhelming, I will be the first to admit that. However, once you get the hang of it, it really is quite simple. Having delicious recipes and foods you enjoy eating is the key for me, which is why I love bringing you these macro friendly recipes! Tracking your macros also helps to learn portions, which a lot of us think we know … but might not actually know and that can be very eye opening.
Now, let me be very clear, this is not a weight loss add. This is simply the program I did to lose unwanted fat and through this program I have been able to successfully keep it off. SHRED is the program that got me started and encouraged me to keep going. The fact that it has come full circle and I now provide recipes for the program – still blows my mind.
If you’re interested in macros and not sure where to start, I would definitely suggest checking out Emma’s EmPowered Radio podcast!
“ohsnapmacros Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup”
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast, raw
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped 144g
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped 100g
- 1 -15oz can Whole Kernel Corn (no salt added) drained
- 1 -15oz can low sodium Black Beans Low Sodium, drained and rinsed
- 1 -15oz can petite diced Tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 -10oz can Red Enchilada Sauce
- 1 -7oz can diced green chilies
- 3 cups Chicken Broth (low sodium)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1.5 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1.5 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese
- Add all ingredients except the cream cheese to the instant pot. Including raw chicken breast.
- Set the instant pot on manual (pressure cook mode) for 20 minutes. Quick release the pressure when the timer in done.
- Remove the chicken and shred. Add the chicken back to the instant pot.
- Add cubed cream cheese and stir breaking apart until completely melting into the soup. Enjoy!!Crockpot: low 6 hours without cream cheese. Follow steps 3-4.
Love, love, love this recipe and so did my entire farm family! Our teenage cowboy said it was chicken enchilada heaven in a bowl…..it must have been because he went back for another heaping bowl! I fixed it in the crackpot and slow cooked it for 6 hours♥️
I wish your entries in my fitness pal included sodium content.
You can easily create a recipe in MFP and get your sodium.
This looks great! How would you make this recipe without an instant pot? I would love stove top or slow cooker instructions, please. Thank you!
Crockpot instructions are listed in directions, thanks!
Do you think laughing cow cheese would taste just as good? Thanks!
You could definitely try it! Sometimes laughing cow doesn’t melt as good so just keep that in mind.
Picky kids over here, but both the 5 and 7 year old ate this up, and my husband and I loved it!
Great news!! Thank you!
I made this in the crockpot and it did not turn out good at all. EXTREMEMLY runny. Did you drain all the juices out of the cans before dumping them in?
Yes, corn and beans are both drained prior to adding.
MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE!!!!! My entire family loves it– and craves it! It’s so amazingly delicious and super easy! I have also cooked this recipe on the stovetop (and chicken in the oven) and it turns out perfectly that way too!
Delicious! I didn’t have the bell pepper and the chilis but it still turned out so good! I used beef broth instead of chicken (because that’s what I had in hand) and it worked just fine! Will be a weekly meal for us!
Has turned into a staple in our house!! If using cooked chicken (like rotisserie) how would you adjust cooking time?
OMG SO GOOD! I used less chili powder and a smaller can of chopped green chilis. I used HEB’s “That Red Sauce” for the enchilada sauce. Otherwise made as written. I made this as a meal prep and it made 9 meals at 300g portion. I cannot wait to eat this for lunch tomorrow!