Non-Alcoholic Moscow Mule
I am a big fan of Moscow Mules, but being I don’t drink anymore I was determined to find the perfect balance of the traditional Moscow mule without the alcohol. The combination of simple ingredients like fresh mint and lime juice with ginger beer gives the best zing without the buzz. Just simply add vodka or tequila for those who want an alcoholic drink.
This ginger beer mocktail version uses light ginger beer and no simple syrup keeping the calories low as most of you probably would prefer to eat your calories, like me. Terrific for a baby shower, holiday party, summer barbeque, or just when you want something different to sip on.
Q makes the best non-alcoholic ginger beer, it has a ton of fizz which brings a lot to this drink. If you can’t find Q ginger beer, Fever-Tree (pictured) and Bundaberg are great alternatives or your favorite low calorie option.
The possibilities are endless with this delicious drink. You can make them in different flavors by adding fresh fruit or juice into the mug.
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Tastes similar to the original Moscow mule recipe.
- All the zing without the buzz.
- Low calorie and delicious.
- A refreshing non-alcoholic drink.
- Customizable for more non-alcoholic cocktails.
What is a classic Moscow mule?
A Moscow mule is traditionally made with vodka, ginger beer and lime juice and served in a copper Moscow mule mug.
Ingredients and Substituions:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for this non-alcoholic Moscow mule recipe. See the recipe card below for the full ingredients list and instructions.
Variations and Substitutions
- Light ginger ale in place of ginger beer.
- Club Soda but it won’t have the ginger flavor.
- Added strawberries for a fruity summery twist.
- Orange juice and orange slices for a fresh twist.
- Jalapeno lime syrup for some heat.
- Jalapenos for some heat.
- Cranberry juice for a cranberry Moscow mule mocktail.
- Apple cider for the holidays.
How to make this virgin Moscow Mule recipe (a step-by-step visual guide):
Step 1: add fresh lime, mint and muddle
Add the lime juice and mint leaves to the bottom of copper mule mugs (image 1).
Using a drink muddler, muddle the mint and lime until the leaves have softened (image 2).
Step 2: muddle
Fill the cup with ice, pour the ginger beer over top, and stir (image 3).
Garnish with a lime wedge, additional fresh mint leaves (image 4), and a squeeze of fresh lime juice is desired.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our delicious recipes!
Non-Alcoholic Moscow Mule
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Non-Alcoholic Moscow Mule
- 7.5 oz. Light Ginger Beer Q Brand preferred
- 0.5 oz. fresh lime juice ~ 1/4 shot
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves
- fresh lime wedge
- mint leaves
- fresh strawberries
- jalapeno lime syrup
- cranberry juice
- Apple Cider
- Orange juice and slices
- Add the lime juice and mint leaves to the bottom of a copper mule cup. Using a drink muddler, muddle the mint and lime until the leaves have softened.
- Fill the cup with ice, pour the ginger beer over top and stir.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and additional mint.