Ground Beef Stir Fry
Raise your hand if you’ve spent a small fortune on takeout. No more! I love a good easy vegetable-packed stir fry, especially during the week when things are hectic.
This ground beef stir fry has everything you love about your local takeout but is cheaper, healthier, and still nice and easy. Loaded with fresh veggies, ground beef, and a homemade sweet and savory sauce, this quick meal is totally customizable to what you love.
The veggies give your daily dose of micronutrients and add volume, keeping you fuller for longer. Throw over brown rice, ramen noodles, cauliflower rice or on its own. Get ready to enjoy a meal with all the flavor and comfort of takeout and none of the guilt.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Customize with your favorite fresh vegetables and any ground meat.
- Comes together in less than 30 minutes; perfect for busy nights.
- Low fat and high protein.
- Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Why homemade stir-fry sauce?
Oh, this sauce. This sauce tastes better, is healthier, and is cheaper than store-bought with no preservatives, no added sugars, and tons of flavor. Coconut aminos, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, garlic, sesame oil, and arrowroot powder (to thicken) are all you need. Buy these ingredients once and you can make this sauce many times over before you run out.
Variations and Substitutions
- Use ground chicken, ground turkey, or ground pork in place of beef.
- Add snow peas or green beans for more healthy vegetables.
- Coconut Aminos or soy sauce
- You can also use cornstarch at a 1:1 ratio to arrowroot flour.
- Add red pepper flakes to your sauce for a spicy twist.
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for this ground beef stir fry. See the recipe card below for the full ingredients list and instructions.
How to make this ground beef stir fry recipe (a visual step-by-step guide):
Step 1: make the stir fry sauce
In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, honey, freshly grated ginger, minced garlic, and sesame oil until well combined (image 1).
Add the arrowroot powder to the mixture and whisk until fully combined and no lumps remain (image 2).
Step 2: make ground beef
Heat a non-stick large skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef. Cook the beef until browned and fully cooked, breaking it apart with a spatula as it cooks, approximately 5 minutes (image 3). If using a higher fat content beef drain any excess fat.
Step 3: add veggies
Add the bell pepper, carrots, snow peas, zucchini, and mushrooms to the pan and stir to combine (image 4).
Cook on medium low for 5 minutes stirring often to soften the vegetables (image 5).
Step 4: add sauce
Once softened, add the stir fry sauce to the pan and stir to combine (image 6).
Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the sauce has thickened and evenly coats the stir fry (image 7).
Serve over rice, cauliflower rice, noodles, or zoodles for a low-carb version, and top with sesame seeds, green onions, and red pepper flakes.
Serving and storing info
Serve alone or with white rice, brown rice, ramen noodles or cauliflower rice.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. This is a great meal prep recipe too so consider doubling your recipe and store in individual containers to make meals easy!
Nutrition facts are an estimate. As always, for the most accurate measurement per serving weigh your final dish (minus the pan!) and divide by the serving amount.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy recipes!
- Healthy Ground Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
- Steak and Shrimp Stir Fry
- Macro Friendly Teriyaki Salmon Bowls (with cauliflower rice)
- Turkey Tater Tot Casserole
Ground Beef Stir Fry
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Ground Beef Stir Fry
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef 96/4
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup matchstick carrots 50g
- 1 cup snow peas 90g
- 1 small zucchini chopped 100g
- 4 oz. baby Bella mushrooms sliced
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos 95g (or soy sauce)
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey 21g
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
- sliced green onions
- red pepper flakes
- sesame seeds
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut aminos, rice vinegar, honey, freshly grated ginger, minced garlic, and sesame oil until well combined. Add the arroworoot powder to the mixture and whisk until fully combined and no lumps remain.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the ground beef. Cook the beef until browned and fully cooked, breaking it apart with a spatula as it cooks. If using a higher fat content beef drain any excess fat.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots, snow peas, zucchini and mushrooms to the pan and stir to combine. Cook on medium low for 5 minutes stirring often to soften the vegetables.
- Once softened, add the stir fry sauce to the pan and stir to combine. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the sauce has thickened and combined to evenly coat the ground beef stir fry.
- Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary with substitutions.