Make these Buffalo Chicken Sliders for your next party and you'll be a hit, I guarantee it.
Easy weeknight meals are important in my house and these Buffalo Chicken Sliders do not disappoint. They’re creamy, sweet and spicy and give you all the flavors you crave from buffalo chicken and sweet rolls. These sliders also make the perfect party snack. Pair them with your favorite appetizers and just be sure to double your ingredients because you’re guest will want more.
Ingredients and Substitutes
If you cannot find Hawaiian Sweet Rolls any small dinner roll will work here. I do recommend a sweet roll though as the sweet is a perfect combination with the spicy chicken.
You can see the Shaved Buffalo Chicken I use here. If you cannot find pre shaved and seasoned chicken, I would suggest making shredded chicken breast and adding a little bit of buffalo sauce. I like the Kroger Brand shaved because its obviously incredible convenient but it is very mild in spice. However, if you make it yourself you have full control on the heat level.
There are a lot of great options for Tomatillo Avocado Salsa. I love using this style salsa because it is a great combo of avocado and salsa without the straight avocado fat levels.
Keep the buns in one solid piece. Slice hamburger style and keep the tops and bottoms together while cooking. Once cooked and browned remove the tops in one large pieces and add cheese and salsa. Place tops back on and then cut.
Bake for 15 minutes until the tops are golden brown. Be sure not to burn them.
Recipe makes 12 rolls. Macros listed for one roll.
“ohsnapmacros Buffalo Chicken Sliders”
Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls (one pack)
- 1 lbs. shaved buffalo chicken (linked)
- 2 oz. reduced fat Mexican Cheese shreds
- 6 tbsp. queso dip store bought cheese dip
- 6 tbsp. tomatillo avocado salsa
- 2 chopped green onions
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Pre heat oven to 350.In a pan over medium cooked buffalo shredded chicken until cooked through.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Slice the rolls in half and place the bottom of the 12 rolls in the baking dish.
- Top rolls with cooked chicken and cheese. Place tops back on the rolls. Spray tops with cooking spray and sprinkle sesame seeds or everything but the bagel seasoning. Bake at 350 F for 15 minutes.
- When the rolls are toasted and browned pull out of the oven and remove the tops. Top with warmed queso, salsa and chopped green onions. You can add chopped cherry tomatoes here or with each individual slider.
Hi Danielle! What exactly is the Buffalo shredded chicken? Adding Buffalo to regular chicken I cook or is this something you buy from deli? Thanks! Excited to try it!
Hi – I linked what I used in the blog post under ingredients & subs.
The ingredient quantities don’t change when I increase # of servings. Are the nutritional facts listed for one roll?
The ingredients listed are for 12 rolls. The macros listed are for 1 roll.