“ohsnapmacros Chicken Fried Rice”
Chicken Fried Rice
- 1 lbs. chicken breast - chopped
- 1 cup basmati (measured raw), cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas - thawed
- 1 cup frozen carrots - thawed
- 1/2 medium yellow onion
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 4 tbsp. coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 2 eggs
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Toppings: chopped green onion, toasted sesame seeds and sriracha
- Chop chicken into bite size pieces and season with salt and pepper. Spray pan with cooking pray and add chopped chicken to pan over medium heat. Cook until almost cooked through.
- Add onions and garlic and saute until fragrant. Add thawed vegetables, 1 Tbsp. coconut aminos, 1 Tbsp. sesame oil, mix together and cook for a few minutes.
- Add cooked rice, remaining 3 Tbsp. coconut aminos, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, crushed red pepper flakes (to your liking) and mix together well.
- Create a hole in the center of the mixture and spray with cooking spray. Add 2 eggs and scramble. Once cooked mix in with the rice mixture.
- Top with your favorite additions like sriracha, green onions and sesame seeds and enjoy!!
Top with green onions, toasted sesames and sriracha.
Serving: 316gCalories: 414kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 44.7gFat: 7.4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
This recipe was so simple and delicious! The perfect meal prep for a few nights at work.
Yay!! Thank you!
This was great! My 6 year old loved it too!
Could I do this with frozen shrimp and it be equally as delish? Trying to find a good pescatarian dish to make for my family.
Yes! I have subbed with frozen shrimp and it’s amazing! Macros with change.
Your recipe says 1 T coc aminos but in the directions it looks like you use a total of 4? Just thought you would want to update. Making this week 🙂
Sooooo good! I made it with ground chicken and leftover quinoa. Delicious. Will make again. Thank you so much!
The Coconut Aminos link goes to their garlic sauce. Is this right or should it be the regular Coconut Aminos? (https://www.amazon.com/Coconut-Secret-Original-Soy-Free-Seasoning/dp/B00LWQLCJ4/)
I am using regular coconut aminos.
So easy. Balanced, filling, yummy and saves well. 💜
Danielle, on the chicken is it 1 pound raw or 1 pound cooked? Thank you