Why you’ll love this recipe
- This macro friendly chili is ready within 60 minutes from prep, cook time and to the table.
- This dish is hearty and packs so much flavor.
- Both kids and adults love this recipe .. prepare for a bit of a mess with small kids though.
- You can easily add hidden veggies to this dish like bell peppers, zucchini or carrots as desired.
- Using pantry staples this dish is a easy one to always have readily available.
Are you team beans in chili or no beans? Although we spent many years in Texas we are still team beans through and through. This chili is packed with meat, beans and veggies and I guarantee you will not be disappointed with it’s flavor!
Can you freeze this chili?
Definitely. I like using Souper Cubes to freeze soups and stews. They make is really easy to freeze this macro friendly chili in single serve portions. Use code: OHSNAPMACROS10 to get 10% off your first order of Souper Cubes.
What toppings do you put on chili?
We like to use Greek yogurt our sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, red onion and Sweet Heat Jalapenos. You could also add avocado or even put some corn bread directly into the macro friendly chili and mash it all up! It is delicious with or without toppings.
STay in the know!
NEVER MISS A RECIPESign up for free and be the first to get notified about updates.
Do you have to use a Instant Pot?
No! You can make this stove top as well. Simply brown your meat directly in the pan, add all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Once the macro friendly chili is boiling, reduce to a simmer, cover and let simmer for 30 minutes. Be careful not to over simmer as you will loose liquid.
You can also make this in the crockpot. Using the same method as above place the lid o the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or high for 2 to 3. Again, be careful not to over cook and loose liquid.
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See recipe card below for the full list and instrutions for Macro Friendly Chili.
Ground Turkey and Ground Beef: this recipe calls for a pound of lean ground turkey and ground beef. You can substitute with any ground meet like ground chicken or all turkey.
Fire Roasted Tomatoes: a lot of delicious flavor comes from the fire roasted tomatoes. I would only suggest substituting out one can with regular. I have also made this recipe with different flavored diced tomatoes and had great results. Sweet onions and garlic was great.
Green Chilis: you can use green chilis or chopped jalapenos for added spice.
Chili Beans: we love adding beans to our chili and the BUSH’S BEST Mixed Beans in a Mild Chili Sauce. You can substitute with other brands but I have found this one adds the best flavors.
How to make macro friendly chili in the Instant Pot
Turn instant pot to sauté, drizzle the bottom with a smidge of olive oil just to avoid the meat sticking. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
Add the ground turkey and ground beef to the pot and cook until browned but not fully cooked through.
While still in the sauté function add onions, bell peppers and all remaining ingredients. Stir together well.
Put on the lid and set to pressure cook for 30 minutes. You can let this self release all the way or quick release.
Top with sour cream, greek yogurt, shredded cheese, chopped red onion and/or avocado. A favorite topping of our is the Sweet Heat Jalapenos from Mt. Olive.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our others easy meals!
- Creamy Cajun Shrimp Pasta with Sausage
- Turkey Sweet Potato Hash
- California Chicken Salad
- Steak and Shrimp Stir Fry
- Blackened Chicken Caesar Salad
Macro Friendly Chili
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Macro Friendly Chili
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef 93/7
- 1 lbs. lean ground turkey 99/1
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped (1 green, 1 red)
- 2 cans diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes 14 oz cans
- 1 can tomato paste (6oz)
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 1.5 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 can BUSH'S BEST Mixed Beans in a Mild Chili Sauce 15.5oz can
- 4 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Turn instant pot to sauté, drizzle the bottom with olive oil just to avoid the meat sticking. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.Add the ground turkey and ground beef to the pot and cook until browned but not fully cooked through.
- While still in the sauté function add onions, bell peppers and all remaining ingredients. Stir together well.
- Put on the lid and set to pressure cook for 30 minutes. You can let this self release all the way or quick release.Top with sour cream, Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, chopped red onion and/or avocado. A favorite topping fore this macro friendly chili is the Sweet Heat Jalapenos from Mt. Olive, they add the perfect amount of sweet spice to the dish! Enjoy.