All your winter dreams come true right here with this Chicken Pot Pie Casserole. We got 14 inches of snow this last week .. needless to say comfort food is on repeat at our house. This recipe should really be considered two in one, you’ve got casserole but take the recipe for the chicken alone and make it for meal prep to go with salads, sandwiches or in wraps.
Great macros, great flavor and reheats fabulously.
Enjoy and let me know how you like it!!
“ohsnapmacros Chicken Pot Pie Casserole”
Chicken Pot Pie Casserole
- 1.5 lbs. raw chicken breast
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
Pot Pie Casserole
- Chicken breast, shredded and seasoned per above
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. chicken broth (used at different times)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (used at different times)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1 cup frozen corn (160g)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots (160g)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 crescent rolls from a 8 roll container (*see note below*)
For the chicken
- Add chicken breasts to a pot of boiling water with a pinch of salt. Boil until done and no longer pink on the inside, approximately 20 minutes. When the chicken is done, remove from the water and shred with a fork. Pour out the water from the pot and return the shredded chicken to the empty pot. Add all seasonings and stir together well to coat the chicken.You can prep your chicken before and leave in the fridge until you're ready to make the casserole or move directly onto the next steps.
For the pot pie casserole
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- Add butter to a pan over medium and melt. Once melted add onions and garlic, cook and stir until onions are translucent. Add flour and 2 tbsp. broth and stir until onions are well coated. Slowly add milk and broth and stir. Add salt and pepper, stir everything together and simmer until the sauce thickens. The consistency should be similar to a potato soup.
- Add frozen vegetables and chicken and stir everything together.
- Unroll your crescent rolls and set 2 aside (see note below). Cut each of the remaining 6 rolls into 3 pieces and lay like a puzzle across the top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Serve and enjoy!