Homemade Maple Chicken Sausage Patties
With clean ingredients like pure maple syrup, ground chicken, and a handful of spices, you’ll be making your own breakfast sausage in no time. The sweet and savory flavor combo will have you wanting to add these to breakfast casserole and pair these with everything from French Toast and Pancakes to just your basic scrambled eggs.
This maple chicken breakfast sausage recipe is perfect for meal prep too. Make a bunch at once and freeze them. When the sausage urge strikes, you have homemade sausage patties ready to go.
If you love this, definitely try Blueberry Breakfast Sausage. Pork sausage with thyme and sweetened with fresh blueberries, it’s delicious.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- These sausages use minimal ingredients.
- A perfect combination of sweet and savory.
- 6 grams of protein and 2 grams of fat per patty.
- They freeze and defrost perfectly!
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See the recipe card below for the full ingredients list and instructions for maple chicken sausage.
Variations and Substitutions
How to make maple chicken sausage (a step-by-step visual guide):
Step 1: combine ingredients
In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, spices and maple syrup (image 1).
Using your hands, mash the mixture until well combined (image 2).
Step 2: cook the patties
Heat a cast iron skillet or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan. Using a 1.5 Tbsp. cookie scoop, scoop the chicken sausage into your hand and pat it into a round patty shape. Add to the hot pan (image 3).
Cook the sausages in batches if needed for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and brown (image 4). The internal temperature should read 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
What to serve with this recipe
Storing tips: fridge and freezer
Refrigerator: store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Freezer: Layer between parchment paper in a freezer-safe ziplock or container to make it easy to remove individual patties. Enjoy within 3 months of freezing.
To reheat: either microwave on a microwave-safe plate or skillet cook to temperature from frozen. You can also let them defrost in the fridge overnight before heating.
If you love this recipe be sure to check out some of these other easy breakfast recipes:
Homemade Maple Chicken Sausage
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Homemade Maple Chicken Sausage
- 1 lb. lean ground chicken 96/4
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup or sugar-free syrup 31g
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil for cooking
- In a mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken, spices and maple syrup. Using your hands, mash until well combined.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan.
- Using a 1.5 Tbsp. cookie scoop, scoop the chicken sausage into your hand and pat into a round patty shape.
- Add to the hot oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and brown. The internal temperature should read 165 degrees.