This lazy lasagna is a family and reader favorite. It is packed with lasagna flavors without the work of layering and baking. It’s loaded with flavors, protein and ready in under 30 minutes.
This recipe has made its rounds on Instagram and deserves all it’s glory. It is jam packed with flavor, extremely easy to make and reheats incredibly well. Not only is it macro friendly but it’s baby, toddler, husband and in-laws approved as well. Could you ask for anything more??
Why you'll love this recipe
- Lazy Lasagna uses one pan and is ready in under 30 minutes for your family to enjoy.
- It requires minimal ingredients and uses pantry staples.
- This dish can be adjusted to be gluten and dairy free.
- The entire family will love it, kids and adults!
- This recipe is perfect when wanted to impress guest with something new but flavors they’ll know and love.
- It’s incredibly macro friendly at under 500 calories a serving and can be adjusted to include even more protein by swapping the noodles.
- Perfect dish for a busy weeknight meal after soccer practice, meal prep for the week or for guests.
Can you make this recipe ahead?
Yes, absolutely! You can prep your noodles and meat the night before for a even quicker lazy lasagna at the time you’re ready to make this recipe. Meal prep and save in portioned dishes to bring to work.
Can you freeze this dish?
Yes! Freeze in portioned servings to pull out later! I do suggest waiting to add the ricotta cheese on fresh after defrosting and reheating so that it melts nicely into the noodles and sauce. To make it even easier to grab this Lazy Lasagna for prep, freeze in Souper Cube. Use code OHSNAPMACROS10 for 10% off your first order.
How to make this recipe gluten and dairy free
To make a dairy and/or gluten free lazy lasagna Swap out the cheese with your favorite dairy free cheese. Like this Daiya Dairy Free Mozzarella. Kite Hill also has an awesome dairy free ricotta cheese.
Ingredients and substitutes:
These are the ingredients for the lazy lasagna. For the full list of ingredients scroll down to the recipe card.
Ground beef: you can swap with your favorite ground meat like chicken, turkey or sausage.
Marinara Sauce: I personally use Rao’s Homemade marinara. It uses clean ingredients and no sure, you can find it in a large multi pack at Costco and it’s absolutely delicious. It tastes homemade, hence the name! Swap with your favorite marinara sauce or better yet, homemade.
Cheese: use your favorite mozzarella and ricotta. For lower fat macros used reduced fat, fat free and / or skim. For dairy free swap with recommendations linked above.
How to make lazy lasagna
Bring water to a boil for cooking pasta. Measure out pasta raw and uncooked. While waiting on the water, brown ground beef in a large pan over medium heat.
“ohsnapmacros Lazy Lasagna”
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef 96/4
- 1 small white onion, chopped 100g
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 4 cups Tomato Basil pasta sauce 36oz.
- 1/2 cup beef broth low sodium
- 8 oz. rigatoni noodles measured uncooked
- 4 oz. low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- Optional garnish: fresh chopped basil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for cooking the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- While waiting on the water to boil, heat a large pan over medium heat and brown the ground beef while breaking into bite size pieces.
- When the meat is almost completely cooked through, stir in the chopped onion, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and dried basil. Cook until fragrant and the onions are beginning to soften, approximately 3-5 minutes. .
- Stir in the marinara sauce and beef broth and set to simmer while you cook the pasta noodles. Add the uncooked pasta to boiling water and boil according to the box instructions (about 13 minutes).
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the meat sauce. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes while mixing the noodles in well to fully combine.
- Add the mozzarella and stir together until fully melted. While the lasagna is still hot add the ricotta cheese on top and slightly mix throughout the dish.
- Top with freshly chopped basil, parmesan cheese and enjoy.