This lazy lasagna is a family and reader favorite. It is packed with lasagna flavors without the work of layering and baking. It’s loaded with flavors, protein and ready in under 30 minutes.
This recipe has made its rounds on Instagram and deserves all it’s glory. It is jam packed with flavor, extremely easy to make and reheats incredibly well. Not only is it macro friendly but it’s baby, toddler, husband and in-laws approved as well. Could you ask for anything more??
Why you'll love this recipe
- Lazy Lasagna uses one pan and is ready in under 30 minutes for your family to enjoy.
- It requires minimal ingredients and uses pantry staples.
- This dish can be adjusted to be gluten and dairy free.
- The entire family will love it, kids and adults!
- This recipe is perfect when wanted to impress guest with something new but flavors they’ll know and love.
- It’s incredibly macro friendly at under 500 calories a serving and can be adjusted to include even more protein by swapping the noodles.
- Perfect dish for a busy weeknight meal after soccer practice, meal prep for the week or for guests.
Can you make this recipe ahead?
Yes, absolutely! You can prep your noodles and meat the night before for a even quicker lazy lasagna at the time you’re ready to make this recipe. Meal prep and save in portioned dishes to bring to work.
Can you freeze this dish?
Yes! Freeze in portioned servings to pull out later! I do suggest waiting to add the ricotta cheese on fresh after defrosting and reheating so that it melts nicely into the noodles and sauce. To make it even easier to grab this Lazy Lasagna for prep, freeze in Souper Cube. Use code OHSNAPMACROS10 for 10% off your first order.
How to make this recipe gluten and dairy free
To make a dairy and/or gluten free lazy lasagna Swap out the cheese with your favorite dairy free cheese. Like this Daiya Dairy Free Mozzarella. Kite Hill also has an awesome dairy free ricotta cheese.
To make this gluten free use your favorite gluten free pasta noodles. Some examples: chickpea pasta like Banza or brown rice noodles like Jovial Penne.
Ingredients and substitutes:
These are the ingredients for the lazy lasagna. For the full list of ingredients scroll down to the recipe card.
Ground beef: you can swap with your favorite ground meat like chicken, turkey or sausage.
Marinara Sauce: I personally use Rao’s Homemade marinara. It uses clean ingredients and no sure, you can find it in a large multi pack at Costco and it’s absolutely delicious. It tastes homemade, hence the name! Swap with your favorite marinara sauce or better yet, homemade.
Rigatoni Noodles: this recipe is using De Cecco no. 24 Rigatoni, you can use your favorite pasta noodles, gluten free noodles or protein packed noodles like Barilla Penne.
Cheese: use your favorite mozzarella and ricotta. For lower fat macros used reduced fat, fat free and / or skim. For dairy free swap with recommendations linked above.
How to make lazy lasagna
Bring water to a boil for cooking pasta. Measure out pasta raw and uncooked. While waiting on the water, brown ground beef in a large pan over medium heat.
“ohsnapmacros Lazy Lasagna”
- 1 lbs. lean ground beef 96/4
- 1 small white onion, chopped 100g
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 4 cups Tomato Basil pasta sauce 36oz.
- 1/2 cup beef broth low sodium
- 8 oz. rigatoni noodles measured uncooked
- 4 oz. low moisture part skim mozzarella cheese shredded
- 4 oz. part skim ricotta cheese
- Optional garnish: fresh chopped basil
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for cooking the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- While waiting on the water to boil, heat a large pan over medium heat and brown the ground beef while breaking into bite size pieces.
- When the meat is almost completely cooked through, stir in the chopped onion, garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and dried basil. Cook until fragrant and the onions are beginning to soften, approximately 3-5 minutes. .
- Stir in the marinara sauce and beef broth and set to simmer while you cook the pasta noodles. Add the uncooked pasta to boiling water and boil according to the box instructions (about 13 minutes).
- Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to the pan with the meat sauce. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes while mixing the noodles in well to fully combine.
- Add the mozzarella and stir together until fully melted. While the lasagna is still hot add the ricotta cheese on top and slightly mix throughout the dish.
- Top with freshly chopped basil, parmesan cheese and enjoy.
One of my favorite meals
This is such a simple and delicious dish! My family loves it and it has become a weekly staple
I love this recipe! Full of flavor and super filling! And it was very easy to make. I used it for a meal and then froze the rest into meals for later use. Yummy!
My absolute favorite macro friendly meal. So easy to make and so delicious!!!
I’ve made this twice now and it’s so good!
Our new favorite lasagna recipe. Who has time to layer a lasagna these days? Who even needs to? Not me! This was a whole family hit! I sent this recipe link on to my whole family. It was a winner.
This was so yummy and so much easier than making actual lasagna. This will be a staple in my house!
Without fail, it’s always delicious and hits the spot!
Loved this recipe!!!! Made it for breakfast and kept me on track when I was struggling to find a traditional breakfast I liked.
Is this 80z pasta cooked or uncooked? I just weighed out 8oz uncooked and I would be shocked if it could be 6 servings?!
Yes, 8 oz. of uncooked pasta.
Danielle’s recipes are all delicious, easy to follow, and macro friendly. This one is one of her best. Whole family loved it. The only bad part is when there are no leftovers because the family ate it all. Double the recipe to make sure you have enough for everyone!
This recipe was a 5+++ review from the farm boy crew at our house today! Thank you for making my health goals so easy by making family friendly meals. You have taken the guesswork out of meal prep and I am thankful our lives have crossed. Blessings from the Kansas Farmgirl ♥️
So easy & so SO GOOD!
Make this every week now for meal prep!!
Family favorite! On repeat!
So good and easy to make. Made substitutions of ground turkey and gluten free noodles!
Obsessed! Weekly staple.
Love love love this recipe!
This is such an easy and DELICIOUS meal!!!
If I could give this one more than 5 stars, I would. 19 year old boy approved. AaaaaamAAAAAzing and very easy to make.
Amazing!! Thank you!
This was so delicious and so fast to put together! Definitely will be on the weekly rotation!!
So delicious and easy to make! Excited for leftovers!
How much is 1 serving?
268 grams. It’s listed above the ingredients.
Such an easy go to dinner!!! Has quickly become a favorite.
So simple and delicious! Lasagna is one of my husband’s favorite dinners but hard to make after a busy workday because it’s time-consuming and takes forever to bake so we were excited to find this recipe! Will definitely be making it again. Also makes fantastic leftovers!
SO glad to hear this is an approved lasagna alternative in your house! Thank you!!
By far one of my favorite recipes. Easy to make and family-approved! We keep this dish on regular rotation in our house! Easy to swap with different types of noodles and substitute ingredients when needed as well. 10/10 recommend!
Yay!! So glad to hear this! Thank you!
This recipe is SO good. I’ve made it twice now. I love that you give us the macro breakouts. Makes tracking so much easier.
So glad to hear that! Thank you!
Run! Don’t walk to make this meal! It’s always a hit. Beef it up by adding more noodles if that works for you. 10/10!
Yay!!! Awesome, thank you!
Such an easy recipe and tastes amazing!! My girls love this meal and ask for it at least once a week taking the leftovers for lunch!
I have always been intimidated by making lasagna but this recipe has been a game changer. It’s so quick and easy! Someone recommended doubling the recipe, I agree! There’s not much leftovers over at my house. We all love it!!
Such a great recipe that’s easy and family friendly. I have very picky kids and they love when I cook this. Wonderful addition to our meal rotation.
I used ground turkey, banza noodles, and added mushrooms and this was a win for my family and the kids loved it!
I was shocked at how much my family enjoyed this. Even my picky father went back for a second and a THIRD plate! I doubles it and froze it portioned out. It has been great for my shred with ‘Em. Definitely will make this a regular on our dinner rotation.
This is sooooo good. And easy! Husband and son devoured, huge hit and better than traditional lasagna in my opinion! 10+++
Made it tonight and everyone absolutely loved it! So simple, so delicious, and such a great portion. Will definitely be making this one a lot!
So good!! I’ve told so many people about it.
My family loved this recipe. I love that it’s so easy but really does have the flavor or lasagna! I’ve already made it twice so far!
I made this for meal prep this week after craving lasagna. Delicious without all the hassle!
Amazing! So much easier to make than regular lasagna and just as yummy. It’s in our bi-weekly rotation of dinners.
One of my favorite meals to prep and take for lunches. The greatest part is my kids love it too!
Awesome to hear, thank you!