While great for a special occasion, a weeknight side dish, and your holiday table, this creamy Corn Casserole with Green Chiles is even a great party appetizer. It gets rave reviews from everyone, even my pickiest toddler. Made with reduced-fat cream cheese and low-fat sharp cheddar cheese this lighter version delivers everything you’d expect from a traditional corn casserole with half the fat.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- The heat from green chiles + sweetness from the corn = a perfectly balanced side dish casserole.
- A tasty side for summer parties or a weeknight dinner, a holiday dinner side, or even the best appetizer dip.
- Comes together in minutes, it’s baked in the oven and served warm.
- This dish will be a family favorite both kids and adults will love!
Green Chile Corn Casserole
I love a dish that can be multiple things at once and this cheesy sweet corn casserole is no different. Serve it as a creamy dip with crackers or veggies, as a spread on toast or pita, or my personal favorite, as a casserole with nothing more than a spoon and add additional fun appetizers like Caprese Focaccia Bread!
Is this dairy and gluten-free?
This corn casserole is not gluten-free due to the Triscuit crackers. I recommend adding some sort of cracker for the crunch factor so use a gluten-free cracker if needed. Absolutely Gluten-Free has lots of cracker options for those following a gluten-free diet as well as Simple Mills.
This recipe is heavy on dairy ingredients. You can always swap these out for dairy-free versions, just note, that texture and taste may change.
These are the main ingredients for creamy corn casserole. See the recipe card below for the full recipe, nutrition facts, and instructions.
Variations and Substitutions
- You can also use frozen or leftover corn. If using frozen corn, defrost the corn and get rid of any excess water before mixing everything together.
- Omit green chilies or even replace with jalapenos or poblano pepper.
- Pepper jack cheese and Colby jack are good alternatives.
- For southwest flavors, add a can of Rotel chopped tomatoes and green chili to the corn mixture prior to baking.
How to make this creamy corn casserole a visual step-by-step guide:
Step 1: Preheat & Prep
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a casserole dish with cooking spray. Melt butter in a microwave-safe dish.
Step 2: Mix ingredients
In a large bowl, combine the corn, green chilies, milk, cream cheese, melted butter, half of the cheddar cheese, half of the Monterey Jack cheese, salt, and pepper (image 1).
Stir this cream cheese mixture until everything is well mixed (image 2).
Step 3: Pour into a casserole dish
Pour the corn mixture into a prepared 9 x 13-inch casserole dish (image 3).
Sprinkle the remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses on top (image 4).
Sprinkle the crushed crackers on top of the casserole (image 4). Top with a dash of extra salt and pepper.
Step 5: Bake
Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until the casserole is hot, bubbly, and golden brown (image 6). Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
Step 6: Garnish, serve & enjoy
Garnish with fresh cilantro, parsley or chopped greens onions as desired.
Can I make this ahead of time?
Yes! Make this creamy corn casserole the night before an event and bake before serving. Do not add the crackers until you are ready to bake.
Storing instructions and serving ideas
This easy corn casserole is a great side dish to my grilled teriyaki chicken or cast iron flank steak. Making this for the holidays? Pair it with my Green Bean Casserole and my macro-friendly take on my Mom’s best-ever Holiday Stuffing.
The best way to store your cheesy corn casserole in an air-tight container for up to three days in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave.
If you like this delicious corn casserole be sure to check out some of our other easy appetizers and side dishes!
- Caprese Focaccia Bread Recipe (2 ingredient dough!)
- Easy 5 Layer Dip Recipe with Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Easy Air Fryer Butternut Squash Recipe
- Air Fryer Southwest Egg Rolls
Corn Casserole with Green Chiles
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Corn Casserole with Green Chiles
- 2 cans whole kernel corn drained, 15.25 oz each
- 1 can chopped green chilies undrained, 4.5 oz
- 1/2 cup low-fat 2% milk
- 1 cup 1/3 less fat cream cheese softened, 8 oz.
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese shredded, 56g
- 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded, 56g
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup whole grain Triscuit crackers crushed, 56g
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare an 9×13 casserole dish with cooking spray. Melt butter in a microwave-safe dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, green chilies, milk, cream cheese, melted butter, half of the cheddar cheese, half of the Monterey Jack cheese, salt, and pepper. Stir this cream cheese mixture until everything is well mixed.
- Pour the corn mixture into a prepared 9 x 13 inch casserole dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses on top, then sprinkle the crushed crackers on top of the casserole. Top with a dash of extra salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, until the casserole is hot, bubbly, and golden brown. Let the casserole cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro, parsley, or chopped greens onions as desired.
- All nutrition facts are an estimate and will change with substitutions.
- Delicious as a dip, spread or casserole.
- For added heat: add chili powder, sliced jalapeño, or red chili flakes.
- Use any preferred milk, crackers, cheese or cream cheese.