Cranberry Jalapeño Dip – the best festive dip
My favorite way to host successful holiday parties is with amazing food and this delicious dip hits the spot! This creamy cranberry jalapeno dip has the best flavor combo from spicy jalapeño peppers, tart cranberries, and a rich Greek yogurt and cottage cheese base to add protein.
This is a lightened-up copycat of the Terra Fina cranberry jalapeno cream cheese dip which hits stores every holiday season. It comes together in less than 20 minutes and takes just 2 hours to chill. Make it in the morning and your 65-calorie dip is ready just in time for holiday gatherings!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- The best dip for holiday gatherings!
- A perfect blend of flavors.
- Made with lightened-up simple ingredients.
- Low-calorie copycat version of the Terra Fina dip.
Taste and Texture of Cranberry Dip
This easy appetizer has a rich and creamy base using cottage cheese, low-fat cream cheese, and Greek yogurt. It’s tart and spicy, yet sweet and creamy. You can make this as smooth or as chunky as you want by blending your cranberry mixture to the desired consistency. We like it a little chunky!
Can I make this ahead of time?
You have to! This dip needs to be refrigerated for at least two hours prior to serving so the flavors can meld together. It’s the perfect holiday party appetizer because you make it in the morning, go about your business and it’s ready to go when the party starts.
Gluten and dairy-free info
This spicy cranberry jalapeno dip is gluten-free as is. Dairy-free is not recommended. This dip relies heavily on dairy products and it would take quite a bit of substitutions that would alter the taste and texture.
Variations and Substitutions
- Any fat percent or Greek yogurt will work in this. We’re using nonfat 0% but full fat will just add creaminess.
- If using frozen cranberries, defrost overnight or in the microwave on the defrost setting. If defrosting, use a fine mesh strainer to remove any excess liquid.
- Replace honey with agave nectar or maple syrup.
These are the main ingredients for this Cranberry Jalapeno Dip. See the recipe card below for the full ingredients list and instructions.
How to make cranberry jalapeño dip (a visual step-by-step guide):
Step 1: blend cottage cheese
In a blender, hand mixer, or food processor, blend the cottage cheese until smooth (image 1).
Step 2: combine dairy products
In a mixing bowl, combine the smoothed cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and softened cream cheese. Mix until well combined (image 2). Set aside.
Step 3: pulse mix-ins
In a food processor, pulse the cranberries, jalapeno peppers, red onion, and cilantro until finely chopped. If you want a chunky dip leave them roughly chopped (image 3). The finer you chop the smoother the dip will be.
Step 4: add the remaining ingredients and combine
Add the honey, lime zest, and lime juice to the yogurt mixture and mix to combine (image 4).
Add the cranberry mixture and mix well, ensuring that the mix-ins evenly combine throughout the dip (image 5).
If you prefer a sweeter taste, adjust by adding more honey or agave nectar.
Step 5: refrigerate
Cover the dip with a lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This chilling period allows the flavors to intensify and meld. When done chilling remove from refrigerate and transfer to a serving bowl.
Serving and storing notes
Serve this cranberry dip with your favorite crackers, tortilla chips, cut-up veggies, or baguette slices. It’s terrific in wraps, on sandwiches, and in/on pretty much anything you can imagine. Top with additional cilantro or green onions.
Store your leftover dip in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days. Make sure you keep in the fridge until ready to serve, you want this dip cold and creamy, not room temperature. It gets better as it sets in the fridge.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other dips!
Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Cranberry Jalapeno Dip
- 1.5 cups low-fat cottage cheese 330g
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt 112g
- 4 oz. 1/3 less fat cream cheese softened
- 1 cup fresh cranberries finely chopped
- 2 small jalapeños seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro chopped
- juice and zest of one lime
- 2 Tbsp. honey or agave adjust based on desired sweetness
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a blender or food processor, blend the cottage cheese until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the smoothed cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and cream cheese. Mix until well combined. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the cranberries, jalapenos, red onion and cilantro until finely chopped. If you want a chunky dip leave them roughly chopped. The finer you chop the smoother the dip will be.
- Add the honey, lime zest and lime juice to the yogurt mixture and mix to combine. Add the chopped cranberries, jalapenos, red onion and cilantro and mix well, ensuring that the mix-ins evenly combine throughout the dip. If you prefer a sweeter taste, adjust by adding more honey or agave nectar.
- Cover the dip and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This chilling period allows the flavors to intensify and meld together.
- When done chilling remove from refrigerate and transfer to a serving dish. and serve with crackers, veggies, pita chips or fresh bread
- Nutrition facts are an estimate and will vary with substitutions.
- The serving size is 85 grams, which is approximately 1/4 cup (heaping!).