Just in time for the holidays this Blueberry Stuffed French Toast Egg Bake is a perfect celebration or special occasion breakfast. It has all the things you love about the Cinnamon Roll French Toast Egg Bake but leveled up by stuffing it and making it even fancier.
This breakfast bake gives you your French Toast craving but is packed with protein at 25g per serving.
Meal prep: this can be cut into servings and stored in the fridge in an airtight container for 5-6 days. I usually make 1 batch and eat throughout the week for breakfast.
Toppings: top with additional maple syrup, powdered sugar and berries.
Alternate ingredients: swap milk with non-dairy alternative. Blueberries with other fruit. Brown sugar with sugar alternative like swerve according to their measurement comparisons.
Flavor Additions: pumpkin pie spice, egg nog has been used in the Cinnamon Roll French Toast Egg Bake as a milk alternative, coffee creamer would work also.
Enjoy and tag me if you try it!
Level up the Cinnamon Roll French Toast Egg Bake by stuffing it!
Blueberry Stuffed French Toast Egg Bake
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Blueberry Stuffed French Toast Egg Bake
- 8 Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp. ground nutmeg
- 32 oz. container of liquid egg whites*
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup whole fat milk
- 2 oz. cream cheese, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp. light pancake syrup
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray 8×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Tear Hawaiian rolls into bite sizes pieces and layer the bottom of the pan.
- Mix sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl and spread evenly over the rolls.
- Stuff cream cheese pieces between rolls evenly throughout the dish. Top with blueberries.
- In a separate bowl beat 3 eggs, milk and salt. Add egg whites and mix together. Top rolls with egg mixture. Finally, top with syrup and bake for 30 minutes.
- Once cooked and a toothpick comes out clean (check for any sign of eggs not being fully cooked), cut into 6 equal squares and enjoy!At the time of serving you could add additional syrup, powdered sugar and serve with sausage, or simply eat it as it is.