Another protein packed meal! By adding zoodles and cabbage to Lo Mein noodles you get VOLUME, lots of nutritious volume.
One serving of Lo Mein has 44 grams of protein, is under 400 calories and in the under 30 minute meal bucket too. I’ll go out on a limb here and say that checks off a lot of your boxes? Me too.
Using some of the same ingredients from the High Protein Egg Roll In A Bowl you can make both recipes giving you 6 meals for the week and no ingredient wasted.
Enjoy and let me know how it turns out!
To make this as easy as I gets I am using Kikkoman Stir-Fry sauce. You can replace this with your favorite store bought or home made stir-fry sauce.
Chicken Lo Mein
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Chicken Lo Mein
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast, chopped into bite size cubes
- 2 Medium zucchinis, zoodled
- 1 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 125 g sliced cabbage
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, sliced 140g
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 75 g chopped water chestnuts, 1/2 container
- salt and pepper
- 94 g (one bundle) Lo Mein egg noodles, cooked (Wel Pac)
- 8 tbsp. Kikkoman Stir-fry Sauce
- 1 chopped green onion
- Cut zucchini into zoodles, lay out on a paper towel, sprinkle with salt and let them sweat while you cook.
- In a wok or large pan, heat 1/2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil over medium heat. Once hot add chopped chicken, season with salt and pepper and cook until the chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally to keep from burning. Add garlic, remining sesame oil, bell peppers and cook stirring occasionally until bell peppers begin to soften.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook noodles in a separate pan according to package and drain.
- Pat zoodles dry and add to pan along with cabbage, water chestnuts and 6 tbsp. of stir-fry sauce. Mix together well and separate the zoodles throughout the dish. Top with toasted sesame seeds and sriracha if desired or serve as is.Tip: break noodles in half prior to cooking. This will make it easier to serve yourself a true serving vs. all noodles.