Why you’ll love this recipe
- Crispy texture from just a little oil.
- A healthy side dish to any main course!
- Easily assembled with simple ingredients, minimal effort and quick clean up.
- Veggie and potato knocked out in one recipe.
What kind of potatoes?
I used 1 lb. of petite golden potatoes. I find baby potatoes to be the best variety for roasting but most any type will do the trick. Yukon gold, russet, or red potatoes are all good options. The trick to get extra crispy potatoes is to wash them well and leave the skin on. This will ensure crispy edges and a soft, fluffy inside.
Air fryer info
I have the COSORI Air Fryer Oven Combo 5.8QT Max XL Large Cooker, linked here. I find it to be the best air fryer because it is so consistent. It’s perfect for air fryer carrots and potatoes because it’s quick, easy and gets it right EVERY TIME. The air fryer ensures even cooking and you get a “fried effect” with way less oil than any other method. No air fryer….Don’t worry, these are equally as good if you bake them! Bake them on a baking sheet at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes minutes until fork tender. Remove from the oven halfway through to add syrup and seasonings.
How do you know when they’re done?
We want these easy air fryer potatoes and carrots to be the perfect crispiness. The potatoes and carrots should be golden brown, crispy and fork tender.
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See recipe card below for full ingredients list and instructions for Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes.
Golden Potatoes: we cook a lot of potatoes in our house so I usually buy the 3 lbs. bag of petite golden potatoes. Linking the 1.5 lbs bag here. You can use any type of potato, including sweet potatoes, if you’d like.
Carrots: I used whole large carrots for this recipe. Either buy in a bag or single carrots. I buy 1.5 lbs. of single carrots since I know I’ll toss about 0.5 lbs. worth of peels and ends. See pictures for what size to cut your carrots. Baby carrots work too, if that’s what you have on hand, but I suggest whole for a richer flavor.
Lite Maple Syrup: I prefer to use lite syrup for this recipe but you can swap with regular or honey. Macros will change.
Seasonings: use minced garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes for these potatoes. I give them a good 3-4 shakes of red pepper flakes but you’ll want to adjust this to your level of spice. 3-4 shakes gives a perfect sneak of spice every other bite with the sweetness of the syrup.
How to make these air fryer carrots and potatoes:
Preheat your air fryer.
While the air fryer heats, chop potatoes into quarters or smaller pieces if your potatoes are big. You want bite size pieces. Peel and cut carrots into chunks.
Add the carrots and potatoes to a large bowl and mix with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Be sure to evenly coat the carrots and potatoes.
Add the carrots and potatoes to the air fryer in a single layer and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes.
Remove the carrots and potatoes from the air fryer and place back in the bowl you used to cover in olive oil. Add maple syrup, pinch of salt and pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. I do about 3-4 good shakes.
Return to the air fryer and cook for another 10 minutes until the carrots and potatoes are fork tender. Top with chopped parsley and enjoy.
What to serve with this carrots and potatoes recipe?
This delicious side dish goes well with chicken, steak, or pasta. If you have leftover air fryer potatoes and carrots, a great way to serve these is over a salad. There is so much flavor in the seasoned potatoes and carrots it acts as a dressing when you add a little olive oil to the greens. Super easy, filling and healthy lunch.
Serving and storing notes.
This recipe makes approximately 4 servings of 145 grams each. If you want to be 100% accurate in your serving size I highly suggest you weigh your final dish and divide by 4.
Store any leftover air fryer carrots and potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. If you want them to be crispy again, I suggest heating them up in the air fryer or oven for a little bit, being careful not to burn them.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy air fryer recipes!
- Air Fryer Beef Taquitos
- Air Fryer Sesame Chicken
- Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll Ups
- Air Fryer Blackened Chicken
- Spicy Air Fryer Tortellini
Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- 1 lbs. golden potatoes, quartered
- 1 lbs. large carrots, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. lite maple syrup
- Salt and Pepper
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Parsley for garnish
- Pre heat the air fryer.
- While the air fryer heats chop potatoes into quarters or smaller if big. You want bite size pieces. Peel and chop your carrots into chunks.
- Add the carrots and potatoes to a bowl and mix with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Be sure to evenly coat the carrots and potatoes.Add the carrots and potatoes to the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 minutes.
- Remove the carrots and potatoes from the air fryer and place back in the bowl you used to cover in olive oil. Add maple syrup, garlic, pinch of salt and pepper and red pepper flakes to taste. I do about 3-4 good shakes.Return to the air fryer and cook for another 10 minutes until the carrots and potatoes are fork tender. Top with chopped parsley and enjoy.
- Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary with substitutions.