Air fryer shrimp tacos
Give me all the shrimp recipes! I love love love shrimp because it’s low in fat and calories, light enough to go with everything, and cooks in a SNAP. These air-fried shrimp tacos are one of my family’s favorite meals, even the picky eaters approve!
Tender juicy shrimp, slathered with homemade corn and mango salsa, wrapped in a warm tortilla. This simple dinner is light, fresh, and incredibly flavorful.
Why you’ll love this recipe:
- Perfect for busy weeknights.
- Make into lettuce wraps or salad for low carb option.
- 145 calories, 19 grams of protein and 2g of fat per taco.
Do you need to use the air fryer for these tacos?
If you don’t have an air fryer, you can always bake your seasoned shrimp in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes or pan-sear until cooked through. Always ensure the shrimp is cooked to 145 degrees.
Notes on buying the perfect shrimp
When cooking, always buy raw shrimp, whether fresh or frozen. Cooked shrimp will dry out way too fast.
The freshest option is fresh raw shrimp. You can usually purchase this at the seafood counter at your local grocery store. However!! Raw seafood counter shrimp is usually previously frozen, so you can save a few bucks buying shrimp in the frozen aisle. I love the brand Waterfront Bistro.
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See recipe card below for full ingredients list and instructions for air fryer shrimp tacos.
Shrimp: while fresh shrimp is always the best choice I have found that Waterfront Bistro frozen shrimp is the best fresh alternative.
Tortillas: corn tortillas or flour tortillas. I used Carb Counter snack-size tortillas.
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for the mango corn salsa to pair with your air fryer shrimp tacos.
Corn: use fresh corn on the cob or BBQ’d corn for extra flavor.
Fresh Mango: or frozen chunks.
How to make this shrimp taco recipe
Step 1: make salsa and prep taco toppings
For the salsa: add all salsa ingredients to a bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
Finely slice red onions and measure cilantro pre-chopped and loosely packed.
Step 2: preheat air fryer
Preheat the air fryer while you prep your shrimp.
Step 3: prep shrimp
Remove tails and devein shrimp. Defrost under cold water if using frozen shrimp.
Step 4: season shrimp
Add shrimp to a large mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the seasonings and add to the shrimp. Mix well so the shrimp is evenly coated.
Step 5: add shrimp to air fryer
Add shrimp in a single layer to the air fryer basket and cook at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes until they’re pink and no longer translucent. Flip the shrimp halfway through.
Step 6: warm tortillas and assemble tacos
Over an open-flame gas stove, sear the tortillas. Add shrimp, and desired toppings, and enjoy.
Serving and storing info
Add your favorite taco toppings! Air fry shrimp go well with sour cream or Greek yogurt, a sprinkle of lime juice, black beans, or purple cabbage. Add your favorite spicy sauce for some heat.
Store any leftover shrimp in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to three days.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy meals!
- Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes
- Southwest Chicken Crockpot
- Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- Blueberry Breakfast Sausage
- Blackened Chicken Tacos
Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer
- 1.5 lbs. raw jumbo shrimp, tails off and deveined
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 flour tortillas
- shredded cabbage
Mango Corn Salsa
- 1/2 can corn 150g
- 1 small mango chopped, 140g
- 2 small vine tomatoes chopped, 200g
- 1/2 red onion finely sliced, 100g
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- For the salsa: add all salsa ingredients to a bowl and refrigerate for at least a hour before serving.
- Finely slice red onions and measure cilantro pre chopped and loosely packed.
- Pre heat the air fryer while you prep your shrimp.
- Remove tails and devein shrimp. Defrost under cold water if using frozen shrimp.
- Add shrimp to a large bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the seasonings and add to the shrimp. Mix well so the shrimp is evenly coated.
- Add shrimp in a single layer to the air fryer and cook at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes until they're pink and no longer translucent. Flip the shrimp halfway through.
- Over a open flame on the stove sear the tortillas and top with shredded cabbage, shrimp, mango corn salsa and desired additional toppings.
- Nutritional information is an estimate and will vary with substitutions.
- Serving per taco: 1 tortilla, 4 oz (raw) shrimp, 65g salsa.