Why you’ll love this recipe
- These air fryer shrimp tacos are ready in under 30 minutes.
- Kids and adults love this recipe. Add hot sauce to level up your spice if needed.
- Easy and healthy dinner idea.
- Dairy free.
- There are minimal ingredients necessary to make this recipe.
- Air frying making for easy clean up and no pan necessary.
- Save your leftovers to add to salads the next day.
Best way to reheat air fryer shrimp tacos?
You can microwave or air fry the shrimp for a few minutes to reheat then simply assemble your tacos.
Is this good for meal prep?
Definitely!! You can make a big batch of air fryer shrimp tacos and add the shrimp to different meals throughout the week. Example, over rice, on salads, in sandwiches … the shrimp is good on everything.
Air fry time
Each air fryer cooks differently. The time listed for air fryer shrimp tacos are estimates based on my air fryer. I have the COSORI Air Fryer Oven Combo 5.8QT Max XL Large Cooker, linked here. Be sure to use a meat thermometer to ensure the shrimp are properly cooked to 145 degrees.
STay in the know!
NEVER MISS A RECIPESign up for free and be the first to get notified about updates.
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See recipe card below for full ingredients list and instructions for air fryer shrimp tacos.
Shrimp: while fresh shrimp is always the best choice I have found that Waterfront Bistro frozen shrimp is the best fresh alternative. Believe it or not .. I live in Alaska and the fish monger at my grocery store turned me onto this. This is not sponsored in any way shape of form, I legit use frozen shrimp.
Tortillas: corn or flour tortillas will work great. For this recipe and the macros I used Carb Counter snack size tortillas.
Spices: I would recommend you do not skimp on the spices. This is not a spicy seasoning. Alternatively you can use any taco seasoning you enjoy.
These are the main ingredients and substitutions for the mango corn salsa to pair with your air fryer shrimp tacos.
Corn: this recipe calls for canned corn but you can absolutely use fresh corn on the corn or bbq’d corn for even better flavor.
Mango: you can substitute fresh mango with frozen chunks.
Tomato: it is tomato season, if you’re growing home grown tomatoes please use them in this recipe and tag me on Instagram @ohsnapmacros
Red Onion: you can omit but I wouldn’t recommend it. Be sure to finely slice and then chop.
Cilantro: necessity. I hated cilantro years ago and now I love it. Weird how things change over the years.
Salt: I don’t use just any old salt. I swear and live by amniccoli.
How to make this shrimp taco recipe
For the salsa: add all salsa ingredients to a bowl and refrigerate for at least a hour before serving.
Finely slice red onions and measure cilantro pre chopped and loosely packed.
Pre heat the air fryer while you prep your shrimp.
Remove tails and devein shrimp. Defrost if using frozen shrimp.
Add shrimp to a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the seasonings and add to the shrimp. Mix well so the shrimp is evenly coated.
Add shrimp in a single layer to the air fryer and cook at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes until they’re pink and no longer translucent. Halfway through flip the shrimp.
Over a open flame on the stove sear the tortillas and top with shredded cabbage, shrimp, mango corn salsa and desired additional toppings.
Nutrition facts for air fryer shrimp tacos are for 4 oz. (raw) shrimp, 65 grams mango corn salsa, cabbage and 1 carb counter tortilla.
What crema do you use?
I have found most greek yogurt based cremas leave a dry mouth feel. I love and use Don Poncho Cilantro Lime Crema from Costco on everything.
How to serve
Serve air fryer shrimp tacos with shredded cabbage, mango corn salsa, crema and / or your favorite toppings. These are perfect for taco Tuesday paired with your favorite spicy margarita.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy meals!
- Air Fryer Carrots and Potatoes
- Southwest Chicken Crockpot
- Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs
- Blueberry Breakfast Sausage
- Blackened Chicken Tacos
Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- 1.5 lbs. raw jumbo shrimp, tails off and deveined
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 6 flour tortillas
- shredded cabbage
Mango Corn Salsa
- 1/2 can corn ( 150g)
- 1 small mango, chopped (140g)
- 2 small vine tomatoes, chopped (200g)
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced (100g)
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 Tbsp. salt
- For the salsa: add all salsa ingredients to a bowl and refrigerate for at least a hour before serving.Finely slice red onions and measure cilantro pre chopped and loosely packed.
- Pre heat the air fryer while you prep your shrimp.
- Remove tails and devein shrimp. Defrost if using frozen shrimp.Add shrimp to a bowl. In a separate bowl mix together the seasonings and add to the shrimp. Mix well so the shrimp is evenly coated.
- Add shrimp in a single layer to the air fryer and cook at 390 degrees Fahrenheit for 4-6 minutes until they're pink and no longer translucent. Halfway through flip the shrimp.
- Over a open flame on the stove sear the tortillas and top with shredded cabbage, shrimp, mango corn salsa and desired additional toppings.Serving per taco: 1 tortilla, 4 oz (raw) shrimp, 65g salsa.