Your family will never know this Easy Spanish Rice is packed with veggies.
I get asked all the time for my favorite side recipes. This Easy Spanish Rice is going to be the perfect meal plan rotation addition for you! Serve this with my Taco Tuesday Flank Steak, with or in tacos and burritos, with enchiladas or fajitas or even inside breakfast burritos! There are so many ways you can serve this rice.
I love this rice for meal prep specifically because the flavor gets better as it sits. Be sure to top with fresh cilantro, extra fresh lime juice and if you want it spicy add your favorite hot sauce.
Before you ask, I already know where you’re going and don’t you worry, I will have those Skinny Jalapeno Margaritas up soon for you.
STay in the know!
NEVER MISS A RECIPESign up for free and be the first to get notified about updates.
Easy Spanish Rice
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Easy Spanish Rice
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained 90g
- 1/2 can canned corn, rinsed and drained 130g
- 1/2 small red onion, chopped 100g
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped 150g
- 1 bag frozen cauliflower rice (12oz) heated and drained
- 1 bag basmati ready rice, heated
- juice of one lime
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt and pepper
- fresh chopped cilantro
- Heat a pan over medium. Spray with cooking spray and add onion, bell pepper, paprika, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper and cook until onions start to soften and turn translucent.While your onions and peppers cook microwave the cauliflower and strain the water. I do this by twisting the end of the pouch while holding with a towel and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Cook ready rice and set aside. Be careful though, you can squeeze to hard and the pouch will burst and cauliflower will be everything – personal experience.
- Warm corn and beans in the microwave if desired. When onions and peppers are cooked add cauliflower rice, basmati rice, corn, beans and lime juice. Mix everything together. Toss with cilantro and added lime and seasonings as needed.As always for the best accuracy weigh your final recipe in grams and divide by the number of servings (in this case 4) to get the total grams per serving. The moisture of the cauliflower can alter the output by some.