Why you'll love this recipe
- This recipe is ready in under 30 minutes.
- These air fryer breakfast potatoes use minimal ingredients and pantry staples.
- They can be paired with almost anything. From breakfast to dinner they make the perfect side dish.
- They’re extra crispy and best right out of the air fryer.
Can you make these air fryer potatoes ahead of time?
Yes, air fryer breakfast potatoes reheat great and are perfect for meal prep. Reheat in the air fryer to keep them crispy. They will soften in the microwave.
Can you roast the potatoes in the oven instead?
If you do not have a air fryer to make these air fryer breakfast potatoes you can bake them at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-30 minutes until fork tender. Broil at the end to add some extra crisp.
What air fryer do you use?
I have the COSORI Air Fryer Oven Combo 5.8QT Max XL Large Cooker, linked here. I do find it is pretty loud in the kitchen but it gets the job done and makes perfect air fryer breakfast potatoes. We have had it for years without any issues.
We use our air fryer all the time for recipes like Air Fryer Blackened Chicken and Cinnamon Cream Cheese Roll Ups.
Ingredients and Substitutes:
These are the main ingredients and substitutions. See recipe card below for full ingredients list and instructions for Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes.
Russet Potatoes: we cook a lot of potatoes in our house so I usually buy the 3 lbs. bag of russet potatoes. You can substitute this recipe with golden, fingerling, red or even sweet potatoes. Keep the skin on all types as this is what gets them extra crispy.
Olive Oil: use regular, light, extra virgin, coconut oil, avocado oil or whatever oil you prefer. Nutrition facts are for regular olive oil.
Seasonings: this recipe uses salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Feel free to add any other fun flavors as you’d like.
How to make these air fryer air fryer breakfast potatoes:
Preheat your air fryer.
While the air fryer is pre heating wash, dry and chop your potatoes into bite size pieces and place in a bowl leaving the skin on the potatoes.
Add olive oil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper to the bowl and mix together well to evenly coat.
Add the potatoes to the air fryer pan. You should have enough room so that no potatoes overlap but fit in one tightly packed layer.
Air fryer at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Remove the basket and give the potatoes a good shake. Place back in the air fryer for another 5 minutes until nice and crispy.
Remove from the air fryer and top with chopped green onions and serve.
What to serve with these potatoes?
Top with over easy eggs or add to a egg scramble. These air fryer breakfast potatoes also pair great with dinner options like steak or chicken. You could also toss them in breakfast bowls like by Breakfast Burrito Bowls and burritos. Or even serve as a snack with ketchup and ranch for dipping.
How do you know when they're done?
The air fryer breakfast potatoes will fork tender and extra crispy on the outside when done.
What is the serving size?
This recipe makes approximately 6 servings of 63 grams each. If you want to be 100% accurate in your serving size I highly suggest you weigh your final dish and divide by 6.
If you like this recipe be sure to check out some of our other easy air fryer recipes!
“ohsnapmacros Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes”
Air Fryer Breakfast Potatoes
- 1.5 lbs. Russet Potatoes, washed and chopped
- 1 tsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onion for garnish
- Pre heat the air fryer.
- While the air fryer is pre heating wash, dry and chop your potatoes into bite size pieces and place in a bowl leaving the skin on the potatoes.
- Add olive oil, salt, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper to the bowl and mix together well to evenly coat.
- Add the potatoes to the air fryer pan. You should have enough room so that no potatoes overlap but fit in one tightly packed layer.
- Air fryer at 400 degree Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Remove the basket and give the potatoes a good shake. Place back in the air fryer for another 5 minutes until nice and crispy.Remove from the air fryer and top with chopped green onions and serve.
- Note: not every air fryer is the same and some temps and times may vary. Cook until yours are nice and crispy.Serving note: recipe made approximately 380 grams of potatoes once cooled without green onions.