This egg bake has one unusual ingredient that you’re probably not expecting to see, powdered corn bread mix. The eggs cook up the corn bread to make a delicious layer of sweet corn crust on the bottom of the bake. Mix that with the spice from the jalapenos and the creaminess of the greek yogurt and you’ve got yourself something special.
If you’re worried this will be to spicy due to the jalapenos I can guarantee you if you’re using tamed jalapenos (from the jar) you will only taste a sweet heat.
When choosing what corn bread mix to use, if you want to keep your macros the same as the ones here, you’ll want to pick up a corn bread with 0 grams of fat, 21-23 grams carbs and 2 grams protein. Krusteaz and DBYD have some great options.
STay in the know!
NEVER MISS A RECIPESign up for free and be the first to get notified about updates.
Another thing to note, be sure to spray your backing dish well with non stick spray. The corn bread can and will stick to the bottom if not properly greased. Knowing that, be ready to cut and release the bread from the bottom of the pan before it complete cools.
The next question you might have, “what the heck am I going to do with the rest of the corn bread mix?” Save it for the next time you make this recipe!
Sweet Jalapeno Corn Bread Breakfast Bake
📱 MyFitnessPal & MacrosFirst App Users
You can find this recipe and many others on MyFitnessPal and MacrosFirst by searching: Ohsnapmacros – Sweet Jalapeno Corn Bread Breakfast Bake
- 1 lbs ground turkey 93/7
- 32 oz. container of Egg Whites
- 3/4 cup Corn Bread Mix – Krusteaz 112g
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- 1/4 cup 0% nonfat Greek Yogurt 70g
- 1/4 cup tamed Jalapenos, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray a 9×13 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In a pan over medium heat brown your ground turkey. Once browned season with chili powder, salt and pepper (to taste).
- In a separate bowl mix egg whites, corn bread mix and greek yogurt.
- In the baking dish layer your cooked turkey, egg mixture and top with chopped jalapenos. Bake at 375 for 35 minutes until eggs are fully cooked3 .Note: the egg will puff up when baking, do not be alarmed, it will deflate back to normal.